Ocbc Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

Young Banker Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2017.

Interview

A 4-5steps interview process.
    Applied for the job online which they will contact you if you are shortlisted, to carry out an automated video interview to be done at your own time.
    Then will be an interview with the HR (I was interviewed by two people)
    If shortlisted, will be having another interview with the hiring manager

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you had a conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Personal Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)).

Interview

Applied through jobstreet.
    Phone interview with HR
    Got invited for interview the following week.
    During the interview: was asked to fill up behaviour question form, then proceeded to group interview and then personal interview(it was with a manager and a hr).

Collection Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in April 2017.

Interview

First, phone interview. They asked mostly about your education background, your work experience, what you aspire to be, and explain the job scope of the position. Then, will schedule a face to face interview. The phone interview lasts about 30 minutes.
    Second, face to face interview. Two interviewers. They spent a lot of time to explain the job scope with you, very detailed about the daily, monthly, individual and team targets that you need to achieve. The interview lasts about 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with the angry customer?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working with targets?   Answer Question
    • If you are being offered another position at another company, which one will you choose? Why?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email a week later. Asked to complete a video interview within the week.

Video interview was pretty standard consisting of about 6-7 questions asking about yourself, the job and others.

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and received a video interview within a week. The video interview is where you have to answer the questions that popped up. Questions asked aren't technical knowledge, but to get to know you more. That's all.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through university career fair and was asked to apply at the company's job portal. Received a call from the hiring manager a couple of weeks later and was scheduled to meet with 2 senior personnel from the team and a hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (also asked about family and their jobs).
      What is your understanding of this role?
      Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years given the competitive nature of this job   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

It was a panel interview but they only asked 2 to 3 questions. 50% of the time was them sharing about the role and the other 50% was actual interview. The environment was relax, which was good.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Video Interview
    - All behavioural questions

2. HR interview (ended at this stage)
    - Behavioural questions similar to the first stage

Applied for treasury and corporate banking dept

Was called for the interview only to realise that these depts have already been filled

Absolute waste of time, HR could have been more professional and not called me down to avoid the unnecessary paper works and time. More due diligence required by the HR.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to work with a difficult colleague   Answer Question

Young Bankers Programmer Interview

Interview

First is an online video interview, then a face-to-face interview if you get through the online interview. There are around 6-7 questions for the online interview, with questions like "where do you see yourself 5 years from now?". The interviewer for the face-to-face interview is really friendly and and the questions are mostly situational.

Young Bankers Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocbc Bank (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in March 2017.

Interview

Once you arrive, you are given some brochure of the Young Bankers' Programme upon verifying your academic certificates. after awhile, you will be going for a 1 on 1 interview, polite interviewers and relaxing environment.

Interview Questions

• Firstly introduce yourself and normal typical interview questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years etc...   Answer Question