Occidental Petroleum Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Occidental Petroleum Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I talked with them at my university career fair and applied through my university website as well as their company website. We talked about my resume for majority of the interview and they were only able to ask two behavioral questions at the end because we were running out of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond to accomplish a task.   Answer Question
  • What is a mistake you have made and how did you learn from it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Occidental Petroleum

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

College recruitment

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have an offer for a location you do not want to go be prepared to either take and and learn to settle there or tell them no and hope for a counter offer. At the time i was not sure i would get another job so i took the first offer and was vaguely promised a move withing a year. Never happened don't settle;e unless you are desperate.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Interview was one day with many people from the group. Interview questions were behavior based.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to complete a project quickly. What did you do? How did you organize and prioritize your work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your manager or supervisor. How did you handle the situation? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Minimal negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Muscat (Oman)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Muscat (Oman)) in October 2013.

Interview

Submit your application in their Web site. when your cv get selected they will call you for an interview. the interview may take 30 mints to 1 hour . mostly will be technical questions in what you are expert in . You have to be a ware of what you had write in your cv.

Interview Questions

• What is turbine iso rating mean.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doha (Qatar)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Doha (Qatar)) in February 2010.

Interview

It was telephonic, asked to decribe ourself, then technical regarding engineering , instrumentation, control system, it was detailed interview, it took 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have anything to ask ..??   1 Answer