Occidental Petroleum Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Occidental Petroleum Reservoir Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a brief screening phone call and then was called for an in-person interview with the Team Lead, the Division Lead and HR manager. I first met with the Team Lead and Department Head for about 45 minutes where they asked a lot of standard questions with some questions to describe my technical skills in details. The interview with the HR manager was mostly discussion of the benefits and compensation range.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an accomplishment that you are proud of.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Occidental Petroleum

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview process was smooth

Reservoir Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum.

Interview

Take 4+ week to interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Long Beach, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Usually half day, one on one process with 6-8 managers / senior engineers. More experienced engineers typically have to give a presentation in addition to one on one interviews. Typical situation questions, name a time when etc. They are interested in people who will fit in with others in the company and who fit the culture more than the smartest candidate with the most degrees. Being young and attractive seems helpful. Be confident but not a "d-bag" word used to describe a candidate once :)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Occidental Petroleum (Bakersfield, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The process was very thorough and personal. After the process I knew exactly what I was getting myself into and had met and spent at least an hour with over a dozen people. Given the current hiring environment for oil and gas our HR department has been very effective in getting qualified applicants in for interviews.

Interview Questions

• There was a question regarding bubble point and if the reservoir was saturated or undersaturdaed.   Answer Question

Negotiation

simple