Ocean Properties Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ocean Properties Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2017

1.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ocean Properties in January 2017.

Interview

Head-hunted by recruiter and interacted with them and corporate regional director who was difficult, demanding, and argumentative. I was told by Ocean corporate exactly what I needed to hear to accept the position-- and then they changed everything once I started work. It was a horrible experience & total waste of my time-- and the recruiter was kept in the dark about all of it from corporate.

Interview Questions

• To sign a 2-year non-compete once I came on staff which they failed to disclose during the hiring process.   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Clearwater Beach, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and I got a voicemail to call them back to set up an appointment. After having called them, it turned out it was a walk-in interview.

I had to fill out a form on the site again, I was told that the online application did not matter.
    During the interview, my interviewer was texting on the phone (she did not even apologize), she left the room twice without any excuse, just stood up and left. She did not even know the answer to my question regarding salary. When she saw what my expectation was (since I had not any idea what the pay range was), she left the room again for the actual HR personnel. She came back a minute later and told me that they would contact me.
    She did not even bother to finish the interview.

It was the most unprofessional interview I ever had. This lady who did this first screening did not even know the basic etiquette.

Interview Questions

• What is my current salary?
      What do I want a new job?
      Questions regarding the application form (experience, tattoos, motivation, availability, salary).
      Answer Question

Banquet Captain Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ocean Properties.

Interview

I met with the Department Manager for a conversation. Once I seemed to have her approval, I met with the GM. They sent me for a drug test and I started working the following weekend.

HR made a mistake with my wages and threatened to take away close to $3,000 over my next few pay checks because they "overpaid" me more than minimum wage.

Interview Questions

• didnt ask too much about my experience, they were more or less trying to get to know my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Wages were set, hours were set.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Key West, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Key West, FL).

Interview

Submitted a resume. Filled out an application. 3 separate interview meetings. Credit check, past employer check, criminal history, drug test. Be sure to get a signed letter documenting what you've negotiated. I submitted my resume in person. After 7 to 10 days I was called. I filled out an application on site. I was called back to meet the human resources person in the human resources department. I was called back to meet the manager I would be working with for a 30 minute meeting at the restaurant. I was called back to meet the general manager for a 30 minute meeting in his office. After 10 to 15 days I was called and offered the job and told to go and take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Human resources and the managers appeared to be just sizing me up and analyzing my personality.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I couldn't negotiate the salary up but I negotiated a commission structure equal to 1% of my sales. I was hired, began work and never received the commission. I didn't have it in writing.

Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Portland, ME

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (South Portland, ME) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth. I was called in for an interview within a day or 2 of submitting my application. I met with the department manager at the property. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. We met in her office and I was very at ease and made to feel comfortable. We talked about my application and availability I was basically hired on the spot.

MIT Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Portsmouth, NH).

Interview

I applied through my schools career services and received an interview. I met with an HR representative for one of the hotels that they manage and had a behavioral interview. Received second interview and met with regional director of food and beverage. This interview was more so the interviewer telling me what the job would be like and if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem you've faced in a group and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Describe your strengths and weaknesses? Give an example of a time your weakness effected you   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself and why you chose your school   Answer Question

Not so much a training program but more of an entry level manage position.

Banquet Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradenton, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Bradenton, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Answered an ad on Craigslist for banquet server at the Marriott, an Ocean Properties owned location. Was contacted by the F&B Manager a couple of days later and told to go to the location in person to fill out an application. I did that, waited a week, then F&B Manager calls back to say he wants to move forward, can I come in and fill out some paperwork. The paperwork is not the expected tax/HR paperwork, it is one sheet I have to sign to let them them contact previous employers, which is a redundant layer to what I already filled out as part of the application. Manager says after this, I would be coming in to meet with the General Manager and with him again, which is now 4 visits to the location. All this for a relatively mindless banquet server position. Manager also says he needs someone to work the front lobby "Bistro" and lets it out that that position pays minimum wage. What? WHAT?!? So, bait and switch on the advertised job and a salary that is way under what anyone can make in Florida during the holidays and high season. I work for a caterer on-call doing the same thing and make $15 an hour there. This place is a colossal waste of time and the salary is not competitive with what other similar places are paying.

Interview Questions

• It's not rocket science, it's banquet serving. Manager was vague and unprepared. Seemed preoccupied with something and in the interview it was revealed he really needed a different type of position and that one paid minimum wage ($7.79 hour). A complete waste of time.   Answer Question

Wage not competitive; felt like they ran a purposely deceptive ad and the fact they expect you to return to the location 4 times for a low-level job is just absurd. I can only imagine what it is like to work for them if they are this disorganized during the interview process.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Hollywood, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Very easy and straightforward. First you interview with the HR Manager and then you will interview with the department manager. They will ask you the basic questions and if they like you they will call you. I got a call the same day of the interview.

Executive Meetings Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Portsmouth, NH) in March 2013.

Interview

Short conversation, experience was reviewed and I was asked why I wanted to be in sales.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain Home, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocean Properties (Mountain Home, AR) in January 2013.

Interview

Too easy. My friend got me the job. Hey it's all about who you know thats the way this world works. This company falls under this category. Word of advice, go meet someone already working there.

Interview Questions

• do you work well with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can't negotiate, like I mentioned the interviewer liked who I was over Skype and therefore me knowing my friend got me the job.