Ocean State Job Lot Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southwick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocean State Job Lot (Southwick, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Heard back from the company the same day I applied. Interview was less structured with rigid questions like the corporate ones I am used to. More laid back, get to know eachother in a relaxing but welcoming atmosphere. In total the interview lasted about an hour and I left with a good feeling about it and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• Can you think of a specific time you had to deal with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Ocean State Job Lot

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocean State Job Lot in March 2010.

Interview

I was first called by one of their Field Trainers after she saw my resume online. We set up a phone interview for a couple days later. After the phone interview she and I had a 1:1, after that I had a 1:1 with the regional manager. I was called on my way home with an offer. The regional manager interview was him talking 75%, me 25%. Basically he told me I wasn't qualified for the job for the first half, asking me a few questions, and spent the last 25% telling me my (then) job had no future and how Job Lot was better.
    Also, they offer you a job pending drug test and background check, which can take 2+ weeks. So don't quit your day job till you get the result. I see a lot of people who don't pass. Bad credit etc. They don't call you bak if you fail, FYI, they mail you something.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you set an aisle that wasn't planogrammed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offer you and amount, maybe you can negotiate, but I don't know anyone who has.