Och-Ziff Capital Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Och-Ziff Capital Management Interview Questions

3.2

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

During spring 2016, a placement firm introduced me to OZM and an interview was arranged with the the head and deputy head of the compliance team. The initial hour-long interview went well and was geared towards introducing the firm and sounding out my approach to compliance and background implementing various aspects of a compliance program. Afterwards I felt their was a common shared approach to compliance and that both sides would be well-served to pursue further conversation.The whole program was transitioning and I felt there a strong fit on both sides. I was called back in several weeks later to meet with other members of the compliance and legal team. I met with four people individually who all seemed quite intelligent and well-versed in compliance. Over several hours I garnered the distinct sense that everyone was quite busy and somewhat flustered in their work though. There was a definite sense of interview fatigue from three of them and none seemed to know what role was envisioned for me within the team. There was no consistency to the questions and what experience or approach they were looking for that would help their team. With no further communication in the forthcoming weeks, things did not look promising and six weeks later the placement firm indicated they had hired an acquaintance of one the current team members. In retrospect, this should not have been surprising as something had clearly changed between the first interview where they genuinely seemed be trying to find a candidate and the second interview where they were just going through the process. This either meant they had already decided on the acquaintance at that time or, more cynically, management communication with and/or motivation of the team had broken down.

Interview Questions

• Traditional questions about career path development and experience as well as problem solving skills/examples.   Answer Question

Investor Reporting Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management.

Interview

Interviewer was toeing the line between challenging interviewer and plain rude. Disinterested, unfriendly, and completely turned me off to the entire company/environment. The other 2 interviewers who were supposed to meet with me "got pulled into a meeting" so I left after a brief apology from HR and this unpleasant, 25-minute first interview. Complete waste of my time after I'd taken half a day off from my job, and I'm glad I wasn't coming from outside the city to interview.

Compliance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process generally takes 4-5 rounds starting with an initial phone screening by the HR team. Then it's with the direct hiring manager and team. Then it is with the various business units. Then it's with senior management. Then it's a lunch meeting. Lengthy and many substantive questions asked during the process.

Interview Questions

• How would you make this job better if offered the position   Answer Question

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

Very difficult. They asked tons of questions and I met with half the firm. Included both technical and standard questions. One of the MD's had no questions just asked me to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• I have no questions - do you have any questions for me?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated through recruiter.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management.

Interview

The overall process was pretty straight forward. Did 3 back-to-back interviews, by 5 employees in total, the last being with HR. Questions were based on fit and experience. Nothing technical. First interview was cool, second round was tougher, and third was straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.
      Why Oz Cap?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Phone screen first, some general and technical questions, of course some introduction about the position.
    Face to face for technical and also HR
    Seeing 3-4 co workers and managers
    Then manager of your boss

Investor Servcies Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Was presented the opportunity through a recruiter. All interview specifics were handled via the recruiter. Interviewed in person. I met with a total of three people. Och Ziff claims to be a very flat organization and the people I met with didn't have titles on their business cards. It appears I met with two people who would be one level of seniority and one who would be above me. It was a first round interview, so many of the questions were fit/personality questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Managing Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Excellent process. Organization was smart, courteous and extremely professional. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience albeit that I didn't get the role. I interviewed with the COO and one of my peers.

Interview Questions

• Why are we here? The question was direct and punchy and threw me somewhat. With the benefit of hindsight, this should have been the type of question I should have expected from a first class organization like this.   1 Answer

Valuation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management (New York, NY).

Interview

I got this interview through a recruiter, met with 3 people initially, pretty straight forward more about fit and background, nothing too technical. A few questions about general valuation work but nothing specific or challenging. Went back for a second round and met with 3 additional higher up people. One didn't really know much about valuation so his questions were more general and was more looking at how you respond. Last interviewer was tough and very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• We have a large number of valuations to do each quarter, what processes would you put in place to make this easier/ streamline it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Och-Ziff Capital Management in June 2013.

Interview

several rounds of interview