Ochsner Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2018

2.5

Community Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in April 2011.

Interview

They made me fill out a ridiculous number of forms and questionaires. Then, I was interviewed over the phone by someone in HR, who told me I would be interviewed by a VP, also a phone interview. The VP interview was downright silly. The woman asked pre-canned questions and then wondered aloud if I had "the energy" to do the job. I'm honestly glad it didn't go any further. By the way, the VP had nothing good to say about the doctors at the hospital. She kept complaining that the doctors "think they know everything about everyone's job." Well, her comments told me more about her than the doctors.

Interview Questions

• "How would you handle a doctor who started yelling at you in the hall?"   1 Answer

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied November 2017 about a week after I applied had a phone interview with HR. After phone interview with HR about a hour later received a interview request by email from the manager and interviewed the next day. Just followed up today and was told position was filled. Process took about 4+ weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a irate patient and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

group interview with the supervisors and possibly a potential peer, there was a phone interview and then a panel interview. Once the interview process was complete an offer was made a week later at most, and start date was about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• goals, strengths, weaknesses, skills, previous work history and how it would apply in this position, why you want the position, commitment, and last time you were late to work and why   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in September 2016.

Interview

It went smoothly. The questions were straight forward and they were more interested in me as a person. We discussed some of the challenges that are faced on the unit and benefits to those challenges as well. The director that I interviewed with was quite the pleasant not intimidating individual.

Interview Questions

• Name one strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in March 2016.

Interview

I received a call from HR to match me with a unit. I then did a short phone interview with HR. Next, I did a phone interview with the unit director. Next, I had a one on one interview in person with the UD and was able to shadow a RN on the floor for at least an hour. I was able to ask questions and get to know if I thought the unit would be a fit for me. Also, this was a way for the UD to obtain a "peer interview."

Interview Questions

• What do you see in your future?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

We first apply online and get a call. Then we do a shadow shift with a nurse who works on the unit. During your shadow shift you must do a peer interview in front of several nurses who work on the unit.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in certain situations? My strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA) in June 2013.

Interview

the interview went well. there were two people interviewing me. they showed me around the hospital. and i shadowed a rn to see if i wanted the job. i was told to give them a call in a few days to see if i accepted the job. i call the manager back in 3 days and i accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to be apart of ochsner   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview with the nursing manager of the floor. First was with a connection specialist then with a nursing recruiter. Overall easy experience.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process was good, people pleasant and knowledgeable. The info was misleading as to length of orientation pay and shift. The hospital hires both new grads and experiences nurses and is big on continued education. The benefits are good but expensive

hired for nights but told that after two weeks I would have to work days

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Spoke with HR first to answer very generic questions

In person Interview was with the Clinical Coordinator who asked questions about my schooling and what i knew about the unit. We then ended the interview with a tour of the unit.

Interview Questions

• Not many clinical questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation