Ochsner Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.5

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

This was a well organized and intensive interview with multiple stakeholders. I found the entire process to be first-class and the hospital is beyond impressive. I would recommend this system for anyone seeking employment as a provider in the New Orleans area. After a month of not hearing any feedback from the recruiter or other professionals involved with my interview, I assumed another candidate was selected and I withdrew so that I could pursue other options.

Interview Questions

• Why I am interested in the position   1 Answer

Advanced Practice Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an call from the office manager to schedule an interview. It lasted about an hour, all behavior based questions. The interview had 5 pages of questions and we went through each one. But he was nice and really interested in hearing my stories. Then said he wanted to invite me back for a second interview. Second interview was with the director of medical specialties, this one was short. Similar questions but more laid back. Talked about resume a lot. Then met with the medical director for about 15 minutes. We just talked about my resume, did not ask me any real interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient.   Answer Question
    • What are your 3 biggest professional accomplishments?   Answer Question

Medical Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Got a call from HR less than 2 weeks after applying. Had a less than 10 minute phone interview right then. She scheduled an interview for me with the department's supervisor for which I had applied to. The in-person interview took place a couple days later, and I did an hour shadow shift right after. The same HR worker called a week later offering the job! She was very sweet, too.

Registere Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in April 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with the education manager on the med/tele step down unit for pre/post transplant patients. I then did a shadow shift, which is where i shadowed a nurse for 45 min - 1 hour. This is done to get a feel of the unit and to make sure I would like working on the unit. They don't ask you question. I also had to wear scrubs to the interview. I wore my school scubs. This was okay as long as it didn't have another hospitals name on it. I then did a peer interview with 3 nurse on the floor that I would be working with. Each of them asked 2-3 questions. It was very laid back and informal

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

short tour of the facility and a brief questions interview consisting of maybe 4 questions and meeting with the manager of the department. which was just a meet and greet. met the staff and that was about it. pretty easy and then was called later that day and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you made a mistake and what you did to fix it   Answer Question

Unit Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got called for phone interview then the next week got called to come in that same week for face -to-face interview. Met staff and got to do a shadow. Pretty fast and staff was really nice. Asked really great questions

Membership Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Metairie, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

Casual format, conversational. Interviewed for one role, offered another mid-way through the interview based on skill set presented. No real structure to interview which was refreshing. Able to shine with personality.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult guest issue and how you resolved it?   Answer Question

Financial Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview process went fairly well, there we 3 different interviews. One with supervisors, management and peers. There was a personality quiz and sitting with peers where interesting because you see first hand who the job is.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel most are your problem areas?   1 Answer

Senior Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in November 2016.

Interview

3 interviews, all with different members of the team. We discussed to system, the changes the company was making and the ways I could be a part of that change.

Interview Questions

• What type of projects interest you the most/the least?   1 Answer

IS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in October 2016.

Interview

Face to face interview with the supervisor and the team. The team had some fun interview questions prepared to make the interview more comfortable. The reason for the interview was to make sure that I would get along with the team and be a good fit.