Ochsner Health System Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Ochsner Health System Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2018

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

Applied online. HR contacted me via e-mail and asked that I select a time to talk about the position. I did so based on their availability within that system. HR said that was not a good time and asked me to pick another within a time frame. I did, but the hour I picked was not a good one. I went with the next suggested time they had available. A few days after, HR called - extremely short interview. IMO, interviews are a two-sided platform in which both parties are investing in asking /answering one another's queries to determine if there is a fit. Details on this position were vague despite my probing. Very little was asked of me other than experience, salary requirements (unclear if this was a screening call or interview at this point) and when I would be able to start if selected. I asked several questions and had many more, but HR rep was economical in candor and answers. I sensed this was a formality and I was not really being considered. Hard to tell. The phone call lasted about 5 minutes for HR, I pushed it for a few more as I wanted to know about this position. It can be defeating to prepare for an interview and excited - and to be met with extreme brevity & little else. HR is the front door and integral reflection of the company for whom the work - and it helps when they are engaging. Difficult to know if this is a case of meeting EOE formality standards - or merely their standard method of engagement with candidates. Big prep for my limited time allotment.

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied November 2017 about a week after I applied had a phone interview with HR. After phone interview with HR about a hour later received a interview request by email from the manager and interviewed the next day. Just followed up today and was told position was filled. Process took about 4+ weeks

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a irate patient and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

We first apply online and get a call. Then we do a shadow shift with a nurse who works on the unit. During your shadow shift you must do a peer interview in front of several nurses who work on the unit.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in certain situations? My strengths and weaknesses   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System.

Interview

First interview was over the phone with HR rep. Then a interview was set up with a unit director followed by a peer interview. It was very informal and friendly.

Health Care Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to arrange a phone interview with the recruiter. The recruiter was nice, polite, and the interview was relatively short. She said that my information would be forwarded to the department and that the lead would contact me in 1-2 days. The lead contacted me the next day to schedule an in-person interview. In person interview was about 1.5 hours long that consisted of individual interviews, tour, and panel interviews. Still waiting to hear back.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System in July 2017.

Interview

I applied early July and received an email about a phone interview with the HR rep. The phone interview consisted of behavioral questions as well as questions about my experience. About an hour after my phone interview I received a phone call from the hospital department I applied at asking me to come in for a interview later that week . I met with the department supervisor, coordinator and RN supervisor, they asked me about my experience and behavioral questions very easy and very friendly . Had a shadow shift a week later to get a better idea of what I would be doing . Was offered the job a day after my job shadow shift.

RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted my application, had a call within 3 days, set up 1 on 1 interview, which included a tour of the unit. About a week later I was called back for a peer interview followed by a shadow shift which in total was about 5 hours. I had a job offer about 1 week later.

Interview Questions

• Many ethical questions and scenarios   1 Answer

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

group interview with the supervisors and possibly a potential peer, there was a phone interview and then a panel interview. Once the interview process was complete an offer was made a week later at most, and start date was about 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• goals, strengths, weaknesses, skills, previous work history and how it would apply in this position, why you want the position, commitment, and last time you were late to work and why   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

This was a well organized and intensive interview with multiple stakeholders. I found the entire process to be first-class and the hospital is beyond impressive. I would recommend this system for anyone seeking employment as a provider in the New Orleans area. After a month of not hearing any feedback from the recruiter or other professionals involved with my interview, I assumed another candidate was selected and I withdrew so that I could pursue other options.

Interview Questions

• Why I am interested in the position   1 Answer

Advanced Practice Provider Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ochsner Health System (Baton Rouge, LA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Got an call from the office manager to schedule an interview. It lasted about an hour, all behavior based questions. The interview had 5 pages of questions and we went through each one. But he was nice and really interested in hearing my stories. Then said he wanted to invite me back for a second interview. Second interview was with the director of medical specialties, this one was short. Similar questions but more laid back. Talked about resume a lot. Then met with the medical director for about 15 minutes. We just talked about my resume, did not ask me any real interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult patient.   Answer Question
    • What are your 3 biggest professional accomplishments?   Answer Question