Ocwen Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 19, 2017

2.8

Litigation Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Addison, TX

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Addison, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The entire process took about 4 weeks. The HR recruiter was very nice and responsive, however the hiring manager was very rude and condescending from the start. He seemed to not be interested in interviewing since he was playing with his cell phone nearly the entire time. There were two other people in the room who seemed uncomfortable and were very submissive towards the hiring manager. It was no surprise to learn that there was a lot of turnover there.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with working with outside counsel?   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Coppell, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from HR about a week later asking me about my background and for me to take a personality test afterwards. Received a request for an interview with the hiring manager a week later. Had to take the same type of test twice about 15 minutes prior to the actual interview. The interview was formal and lasted about an hour. The hiring manager was nice but did ask me if the drive to the office would be an issue, which I though was inappropriate as I was obviously aware of the drive time. Took 3 weeks to hear back that I didn't get the job despite having the experience needed. Turns out the hiring manager wanted someone with no mortgage experience. Be careful wasting too much time trying to get a job here as the hiring manager may not be clear with HR on what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Background, why you want to leave your current position   Answer Question

Region Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Coppell, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Received call from recruiter. Then received call from VP. Went to corporate office, took a wonderlic test, intervewd with VP in person while 2 others on conference call. Thought it went poorly but recruiter told me it was very positive. I then phone interviewed with VP and VP of Ops. They strung me along for over 3 months telling me they were waiting for a CEO,someone got sick, etc. Never heard back after that. They could have been professional enough to reject me instead of wasting my time.

Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Coppell, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy. Was given a test prior to being interviewed which was somewhat difficult. Basic interview questions were asked. Pleasant interview atmosphere. However, interviewers were not dressed professionally nor did they seem professional.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Coppell, TX).

Interview

Applied for one position, however the recruiter noted my HR experience and called me in reference to an HR Coordinator position.

Phone Screening with recruiter to discuss my long term goals and experiences. She then scheduled me for a Face to Face interview. It took her three days to send the confirmation of the appointment, she responded after several calls.

Face to Face Interview - I arrived at Ocwen in Coppell, TX about an hour prior to my interview. I walked in the building 30 mins prior to my interview starting. I checked in with the guard and took a seat in the waiting lobby. I sat there for over an hour. I walked to the desk to remind the guard I had an interview. He then calls the recruiter, she runs to the front (when I saw her, I realized that she had been walking pass me several times and was more focused on socializing). I should have known then to leave. She finally walks me to the back and gave me a timed assessment. When I completed, the two Hiring Managers in HR came to meet with me. The interview was very basic in nature and they asked several questions. The Senior HR Business Partner was very professional and in tune with the conversation, while the Senior HR Manager made it clear that she wasn't interested. The interview was great but a little too much for an HR Coordinator position which is simply the peon of the HR Group. I guess the HR Coordinator handles 90% of their jobs, which was why the HR Coordinator they had quit. I read the review on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. Just questions basically asking, "Will you do our job and not get mad about it?"   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (West Palm Beach, FL).

Interview

Filled out initial test and sent in resume off company website. HR emailed me and set up a time to talk to me via phone. All went well and I was interested. Told me they would have the hiring manager get in contact with me for interviews within a few weeks, as they were out of the country on business. I didnt hear back, and followed up on my end and was told the positions I was interested in was filled now, however other positions were available and set up an interview with me.
    The interview was akward as the two people who were interviewing me seemed to could have cared less about anything I had to say, uninterested, and barely made eye contact. I had asked about advancement and moving up, company culture, etc, and what they loved about the company they work for? The response I got was silence. They looked at me as if I had antlers growing out of my head! One of the interviewers didnt want to answer the question, an the other one said " the benefits".
    Ok.....
    I the end, I'm happy I didn't receive an offer for employment there, as that was not the environment I want to work in, and it led me to a much better job I have started with higher pay scale.

Thank you!!

Human Resources Generalist/Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Houston, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to complete online assessment. Contacted a second time to set up onsite interview. Waited 30 minutes. Recruiter comes running in saying she was running late. Very unprofessional recruiter. Did not ask anything about my experience. Sd main job was firing 30-45 ppl a month who didn't meet quota. Took another pointless test.

Interview Questions

• Didn't ask any questions about my experience. She seemed flustered and under qualified. Kept stressing the fact that main job was firing large groups each month.   Answer Question

Project/Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

The usual phone and in person interview, along with 4 intelligence tests. 2 online prior to the in person, one written prior to the in person, and a verbal test during the in person.

Interview Questions

• You have two fuses that take the same amount of time to burn but at different rates at different points in the fuse, and they do not burn at the same rate as each other. Both fuses take 60 minutes to burn each. With an unlimited set of lighters, how do you tell when 45 minutes has elapsed by burning them? You have no way to tell the time other than the fuse(s) burn rate.   1 Answer

Commercial Portfolio Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Disorganized and rude. Kept me waiting for over 30 minutes before the interview started. Then proceeded to walk into a panel interview with two upset employees and one manager who wouldn't even smile. Tense atmosphere. I believe there is lingering resentment by the remaining Litton Loan employees who were not laid off after Ocwen acquired Litton against any outsiders. The offices were in shambles and a ghost town as if all the laid off employees didn't even have time to pick up their personal belongings. Strange atmosphere. Stay away. My hunch is that they are going to centralize operations back in Florida.

Interview Questions

• How do you train employees?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with stressful moments?   1 Answer

Property Preservation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ocwen Financial (Irving, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

The initial contact was wonderful. Which was the human resource department. The security guard was nice as well. However the one conducting the interview was NOT a pleasure to interview with. First of all he was 10 minutes late to the interview, I guess they found him in the smoking area because he smelled as if he had just put the cig out right before walking intothe interview room. Never really made eye contact. Kept over talking me during the interview, and constanly rubbing the top of his head down the sides of his face as if he didnt want to be conducting an interview. He responses were very unprofessional. He responses were " A'ight, I got cha'" and " Oh yeah, i see, I see". Needless to say, I more less ended the interview. I didnt ask about the pay the hours or anything. I was NO LONGER interested in the position seeing as he would be the one I would report to. Not a very good rep for the company and certainly not the department.