Odessa Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Odessa Technologies Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on the campus website. Was asked for an on-campus interview with a recruiter. She seems a little dazed and out of it, and was unorganized. When she sat down to interview me, she didn't even pull up the correct resume and took 2 minutes to read it while I was sitting in front of her. Largely behavioral questions. I guess she was nice.

A week later was asked to interview at their Philadelphia office. Red flag #1: They didn't reimburse any travel expenses. When I arrived, the secretary was nice enough and I had to fill out some employment forms. Then was called into a 1:1 with one of the most obnoxious interviewers. He first went on to tell me about his role in the company. Seemed to think a lot of himself, but I feel like most interviews tend to puff themselves up just a bit. Then went on to tell me how Odessa was amazing, and how he preferred it to his job in marketing in NYC, and how anybody with any sense would want to live in NJ or PA. That's when I started to realize this interviewer had 1. an inferiority complex, and 2. was salty he wasn't in NYC anymore. He asked me a lot of questions about my experience with software and programming, which I had none of. I applied to be a busniess analyst because I believe that Odessa would teach me what I needed to know on the programming side, and I could help them with growing their business. At the end of the interview, he said "ok. let's me honest. you only applied here because you need a job." WELL NO KIDDING. Every applicant applied because they need a job. If he was unimpressed by my resume or my lack of programming experience, there are nicer and more professional ways of expressing it. He was one of the rudest and most unprofessional people I have ever interviewed with. After the interview I terminated my candidacy and moved on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

VERY Brief HR phone interview - skimmed my resume, asked maybe 3 questions and cut me off while I answered, didn't remember my name. Long In-person meeting with would-be supervisor

Informed the recruiter that she had the wrong resume for me during our phone interview. Promptly followed up with my resume after the call. Almost immediately received a request for in-person interview. The resume they had on me was wrong AGAIN. When I Referenced the one I emailed them, I was told "I'm sure I have it, I'm so busy I didn't even look at it." Provided them with my hard copy resume for the in-person interview. At the end, I was asked when I'm completely my bachelor's degree. Masters you mean? My MBA will be completed in weeks. "Oops! We thought you were an undergraduate student!"

I'm honestly appalled that this was forgotten/overlooked numerous times, when I mentioned it, gave them the correct resume twice, and evenly more alarmingly, we reviewed my years of work history!

Interview Questions

• General get to know you questions   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies.

Interview

I applied the job through school's Job Database. They first conducted a half hour on-campus interview. The interviewer was an HR person. Then after a week, I received the email to interview on site with a training manger. She conducted an hour interview with behavioral questions. After that interview, I receive another notice for a third-round after two days . The interviewer this time was a department manager, she didn't ask a lot of questions. The whole interview last only about twenty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation when... Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied via my college's website. Was offered an interview. First round was fairly simple and more of a get to know you interview. Very friendly and outgoing interviewer.
    Asked me about my background and leadership experience and also gave me a good summary of LeaseWave Software. Definitely do your research before going in.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I was interviewing for a Project Manager role for which I applied on-line. After a phone screen from their recruiter, I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview. I interviewed with the VP, Programs and the CEO. I assumed it had gone well because a few days later, they had me interview with their COO. A week later I received a cursory rejection email. I requested feedback from them but never received a response. I traveled 360 miles and paid $500 out of my own pocket just to interview for a job I really wanted. Parking alone was $31. That being the case, i would have appreciated the courtesy of some response. That was more disappointing than not getting an offer. Perhaps it's better that I did not get the opportunity to work for such a company.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. I have over 17 years of project management experience, numerous Project Management certifications and have managed programs for Global 100 companies, and I found all the questions easy to answer. I was asked to create an impromptu data model to represent something from the real world. The bulk of the questions were about my background and experience.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies.

Interview

Profile Shortlist -> GD -> Interview (2 Rounds)
    Profiles were shortlisted and shortlisted people were called for GD's. GD topics were given to all the groups and every member of the group was given chance to speak on the topic, Followed by interview rounds for those who cleared the GDs

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

The interview started with a group discussion and then followed by a personal interview. In group discussion initially i was asked to introduce about myself and a topic was given to discuss

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Useless process. They play with the future and minds of candidates. Visited the campus for the process, conducted two rounds and shortlisted 5 candidates. They asked all of us to Bangalore for the process and did not select even a single candidate.
    The same thing has happened in many institutions, they call people to Bangalore just to reject them.
    I would suggest to not trust on these people as the same has been happening and can happen again and again

Interview Questions

• Basic questions, about the company and a lot of Finance questions on accounts   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies in November 2016.

Interview

GD and then PI (technical and HR), GD was more like a micro presentation, we were given a scenario and we have to suggest solutions one by one. PI technical was also easy, but couldn't get through as i was nervous and not fluent at all

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odessa Technologies (Mumbai (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

There were three rounds. First one wad Case Discussion, we were given a case and 5 mins to write down our points. Then each member have to suggest solutions/improvements one by one. Both PIs were technical band easy. They mostly revolve around your resume.

Interview Questions

Employer Interview Review Title Location Interview Question
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Philadelphia, PA Q: Why Odessa?
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Philadelphia, PA General get to know you questions
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Tell me a situation when... Why do you want to work for us?
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Name a movie that you watched recently (unexpected)
Odessa Technologies Project Manager Interview Philadelphia, PA There were really no difficult questions. I have over 17 years of project management experience, numerous Project Management certifications and have managed programs for Global 100 companies, and I found all the questions easy to answer. I was asked to create an impromptu data model to represent something from the real world. The bulk of the questions were about my background and experience.
Odessa Technologies Management Associate Interview Profile based, CV Based
Odessa Technologies Functional Analyst Interview Bengaluru (India) Basic questions, about the company and a lot of Finance questions on accounts
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview about youself
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview why odessa
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview different types of accounts
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview design UI for an app for a salon
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Mumbai (India) Walk me through your resume
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Mumbai (India) What is your favourite Industry/Academic project.Explain it in detail
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Mumbai (India) some basic puzzles
Odessa Technologies Business Analyst Interview Mumbai (India) Questions related to prior work experience/summer internship