Odgers Berndtson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 17, 2017

3.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

First stage was meeting the person I would report to directly. It was the most bizarre interview ever. I was told it was a general get to know you interview. However, the interviewer was rude and condescending to the point that he asked me to be less American.

He only touched on my previous experience once. He did ask me questions such as "What do you want to get out of this role?" However, we did not discuss any questions that would gauge whether I can actually do the job.

I would advise that you attempt to have a first stage phone interview with this company before traveling to their office. I would also do a full search on who is interviewing you and if their background is purely headhunting and no prior consulting experience, to skip it.

Interview Questions

• What do you want out of this role but don't give me any crap like learning, progression, tell me exactly what you want?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

There was first a phone screen, then three rounds of interviews (1 with two people from HR, 2 with five different members of the practice), one online test, a written exercise, and finally checking my references.
    I thought the process was lengthy and I felt really drained of my energy afterwards. However, I had an overall positive experience: everyone was very professional and friendly throughout, and it gave me a very good flavour of the company and the people I would be working with. There weren't really any tricky questions, and I got feedback at every point very quickly.

Interview Questions

• All the classics - why Odgers? Why this practice? What's your background? What do you do outside of work?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Four separate interviews with various members, two tests. Process took around 6 weeks and 6 hours of interviewing.

Was offered the role this was then retracted when it came to signing a contract. I had great chemistry with the fee-earner I was being in to support, but the feedback was that the larger team I met during the last interview of "formalities" someone obviously didn't think I made the cut.

Web Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward and the online tests were of average difficulty, these were generally handled well. However, on both stages of the interview process, interviewers encouraged information from me as a candidate that I eventually found out they didn't want to hear. I was also told that opportunities were available for the successful candidate, but this was later revealed not to be the case.

I don't mind a frank and transparent interview, but there was a poor match between the impression of what Odgers were after and what they were actually willing to offer based on feedback I received.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of systems and structures that you've previously worked in.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Very nice two rounds. Was offered the job immediately and gave up another role so I could accept this one because there was such a good feeling from the manager involved. When everything was ready to go, fours days before I was due to start they asked me to come back and meet the rest of the team for lunch and a relaxed "getting to know you" sessions. They lied. When I got there they grilled me like it was the first round of interviews all over again. Lunch was weird - one fee-earner was positively hostile for no reason. They talked about "internal restructuring" and made it very clear their usual assistant had been moved elsewhere and he wasn't happy. When we parted they still said, "see you Monday" but the next day I had a call from HR to say they'd changed their mind. I gave up a role and waited a month so that I could start a job you'd offered me on the spot and then you did that. Badly played Odgers. Shame on you.

Interview Questions

• The usual - who are you, experience, specific scenarios you've encountered that are relevant, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Well organized process where I first meet with HR and head of research and second meeting with head of practice and team. Both meetings were informative and I was very well received.

Interview Questions

• I had questions on me research skills and experience and career ambition.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson.

Interview

very professional, polite, direct, direct, precise. I was a great interview experience conduct with direct questions, objectives and with respect, given the opportunity to describe the carreer and main achieviments during the last 20 years working in multinational and national companies

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I was asked to meet with several of the partners within the organization including a variety of separate practice groups.

They were very informative, thorough in terms of expectation management and in terms of the goals that would ultimately be mine to achieve.

Interview Questions

• They tested my market knowledge, my client network and my track record.   1 Answer

Better offer elsewhere yet it was an excellent business and a positive experience.

Search Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson in April 2011.

Interview

The interviewer had not reviewed the full background of the candidate. Did not give a fixed time for the call.
    Had made several assumptions about the candidate, had no respect or acknowledgment of the noteworthy work done by the interviewee. Asked several rapid fire uncomfortable questions. Did not exchange any pleasantries. Was very condescending and a poor listener. Did not give an opportunity to the interviewee to respond and ended the call abruptly.

Interview Questions

• Something must have gone wrong in your current company hence you are looking out?   Answer Question
    • You must not have succeeded in your previous job hence you are looking out   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Odgers Berndtson in January 2010.

Interview

The interview was conducted professionally, although they did not arrive on time. Most of the time was invested in questions about the experience and qualifications. The interview did not last more than 30' and the interviewers seem to be in a rush to complete other interviews and therefore there was not much time available to ask questions about their client,.

Interview Questions

• Summarize the entire lifetime experience in few sentences   Answer Question