Off Broadway Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Off Broadway Shoes Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.3

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The manager was very relaxed and we went into the back store room to interview, where she asked me simple questions. The entire interview was relaxed, and nothing was too difficult. The manager had about three other interviews that day, and I was chosen for the job. She was very nice and was open to all my questions surrounding the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Off Broadway Shoes

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes.

Interview

The interview was easy and in a relaxed setting. It was a group interview with two hiring managers and three other candidates. I did not have a phone interview before the group interview. I was hired the same day as my group interview. The interview process was easy, but I didn't get to speak with any of the managers personally.

Interview Questions

• Describe customer service in your own words.

How would you handle a demanding customer with other customers waiting in line?

How would you help a customer decide between two different shoes without talking negatively about the other brand?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I was unable to negotiate pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Tempe, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

Filled out an application online, and I got called in for a group interview a little under a week afterwards. When I came in, the hiring manager had me fill out a physical application. It ended up being a 1 on 1 interview because not many interviewees ended up showing. Super casual.

Anonymous Employee in Cranston, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Cranston, RI) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fun and interactive. Employers were very nice. They understood that some people were nervous and were able to calm them down. The interview lasted about an hour, was not very long. At the end of the interview, they gave us all a task where we had to select a pair of shoes for a customer who is asking for help.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work on a Friday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Applied 2 weeks ago. Got a call inviting me to come in for a group interview. They were supposedly expecting 10 people, but only myself and one other person showed up. The interview was handled in two parts. First they took turns asking us basic questions about the company and what we'd do in certain situations.
    Then they interviewers took each of us aside to ask more in depth questions about our background/previous work experience.

It was about 30 mins in total.

(And for those who care: I was wearing a dress/blazer and favorite pair of heels, while the other candidate was was wearing jeans, Toms, and a dressy blouse. The male interviewer was wearing jeans and a dress shirt, while the woman interview wear slacks, flats, and a simple top/cardigan.)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Off Broadway Shoes?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important in regards to customer service?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a demanding customer when there is several other customers waiting to be served?   Answer Question
    • A customer can't choose between the $35 FILA shoes and the $55 Nikes-- which shoe do you decide to pitch to the customer and why? Do so without bashing either product.   Answer Question
    • How would you pitch the Off Broadway Rewards program to a customer?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

There was a three-step interviewing process: the phone interview, group interview and manager interview. The group interview was probably the most challenging, so to stand out, practice your responses beforehand and don't be afraid to speak up more than the other candidates. The entire process took two weeks because of my scheduling, but it should take less than a week for people with more open schedules.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The salary was fixed $10.00, even though I asked for $10.50. There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Murfreesboro, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

Typical phone interview/ get to know you, then group interview, then second individual interview. Very relaxed and basic questions. They ask basic life questions over the phone, just hobbies and personality stuff. Group interview is just a list of questions, as long as your confident and make sense you will be fine. Also, be courteous, they don't care if you answer first. The final 1:1 is more them wondering when you can work more specifically and what you expect out of them.

Interview Questions

• What kind of animal would you be/best describes you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Murfreesboro, TN) in September 2014.

Interview

I Applied online and then the manager called 2 weeks later for a phone interview where she asked me to describe myself and then scheduled me for a group interview. At the group interview, there were 5 of us in a cramped office while the two managers asked us all personality questions. The questions were seemingly random and did not correlate to the job in any obvious way,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Aurora, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

I submitted an online application and went in two weeks later to see if it had been looked at. The person I talked to said most likely not and I should do a hard copy. I filled out the hard copy and she referred me to another store at a different location. When I called the hiring manager of the other location, she asked if I could come in for an interview a couple of hours later. The interview process was pretty simple. I walked in and we went to her office and she asked me the basic questions (Why do you want to work here? What does teamwork mean to you? What is the most important aspect of customer service?) I am still currently waiting for a call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• There were questions on how you would handle certain situations that could happen in the store.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Off Broadway Shoes (Annapolis, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

I received a call about a week later and scheduled an interview. After the interview I was told I would receive a link about a background check. After 2 days I never received it so I called and reminded the manager, then she finally sent it. I was also told that I would receive a call in 2 weeks about whether or not I received the job. After 3 weeks I never received a call, so I called again and they told me they are still in the process of interviewing candidates. Never heard back from them since then…

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Majority were basic and how you handled a particular experience.   Answer Question