Office Depot Assistant Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Zachary, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resources manager for an hour who then forwarded my information to the store manager. Interviewed for over an hour with him. Was told my next step was going to an interview with the district manager. The store manager seemed to like me but was extremely unprepared for the interview. Was in and out of the office and taking phone calls throughout. Was told when I left to contact him by Wednesday if I had not heard from the district manager by then to set up my interview. Got an email the following business day that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Parkersburg, WV) in December 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources, then an in-person interview with the store manager. After the in person interview, the manager said the next step was setting up an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Englewood, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Mostly basic questions on behavior and how would you handle situations, but the process was long. My first interview was from the store manager of the store that was hiring then I had to wait another week and drive 40 minutes out of my way to interview with another manager in another store which I was told that even though I'm getting interviewed by a second manager the decision will not be by that manager. So then another week goes by I don't hear anything so I decided to call the store, now the manager went on vacation. Finally on late in the fourth week, I received a call back saying they offered job to someone else.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with the manager. I was then interviewed by both the manager and the district manager in person. They made an offer a week later.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us one of your weaknesses and how you are correcting?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

Interview

Initial telephone with a store manager from a different store than the one you are applying for. Follow up with face to face interview with another store manager. A third interview with the district manager. They were very respectful.The questions are fairly standard. I blew through them without any difficulty. The entire process took about 2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Little Rock, AR) in August 2010.

Interview

Very generic Interview process. Not much effort is put in to the process so little effort is required to do well on the interview. The personality test is simple and using basic common sense will place you in the the 90th percentile. Neither the interivier or interviewee gains much knowledge of the other during the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to overcome an objection or something you didn't agree with. How did you hanle the situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA) in January 2010.

Interview

Standard interview. The management at office depot likes to talk on the first interview. They want to get to know you. The second interview is about you asking questions about leadership, what you would do in specific situations, what is an example of great customer service you've done, etc. Pretty standard stuff. The second interview is with a district manager. That's just more taking telling you what the expectations are.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered a salary. I was told that it was the highest he was authorized to pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

Interview

Had 2 store managers interview me. Went smooth and positive.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in August 2010.

Interview

It went ok, presented my accomplishments and what drives me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate a good deal, to others stick with what you want and know your figures

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot in July 2008.

Interview

Overall interview consisted of very detailed questions about my skills, and experience. Many of my experiences were analyzed very critically. However there was much respect and understanding, along with wonderful conversation as to what future is available with the company.

Interview Questions

• Questions that pertained to the improvement of sales as it relates to the new industry I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were very straight forward and to the point.