Office Depot Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

2.5

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Gaithersburg, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Gaithersburg, MD).

Interview

Was already a supervisor. Interviewed with District manager and a district lead store manager. Interview was basic questions. Had to complete an online assessment. Interviewed with district manager in person and the district lead manager over the phone. It was simple and quick.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

At my store, a person can walk in dressed decently, fill out the application on the computers in the store and speak directly with the store manager regarding any open positions. It seems to me that they will hire anybody that passes the background check. There is also no drug test required at store level.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of a job well done?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Was in the middle of a merger so it felt rushed. the district manager who picked me got fired before i finished training. One interview with 3 managers shooting questions at me.

Interview Questions

• How to effectively run a store   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Morrisville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Morrisville, NC) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty basic. It lasted about 30 minutes and it wanted to find out if I was a fit for the position. Needed help in boosting numbers. The store manager or the district manager usually does this type of interview. They will ask what are your strengths and weaknesses. How is your desire to succeed? What does great look like to you?

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was too easy and casual. First I saw it posted on Craigslist, then I called and they invited me out. I answered the question that comes with a sales manager job and impressed them by selling my ability to sell and provide great customer service. they are high on Customer service so you better have a good attitude, smile a lot and be nice to people at all times if you wanna work here.

Interview Questions

• All they need to know is about your success in sales and Customer Service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in June 2014.

Interview

Was asked by the store manager if i was ready to give being an assistant a shot and i was willing to interview for the position. The interview took place a week later with our District Manager

Interview Questions

• What do you like least about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Short and face to face. If you have ever been through a management interview, you know exactly what to expect. They ask a lot of empty questions, more so to see if you can articulate a response more than what you actual answer is. My best advise is to conceptualize a theme before your interview and to try and redirect any Q&A back to the theme, i.e., team-work is key, individual recognition, short-term goals and employee moral, weak link in chain, etc.

Interview Questions

• Name five things that motivate you   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by senior recruiter via career builder.com. The recruiter was prompt in following up and was even surprised store management was taking too long to contact me for an interview. Once I was contacted I went to a store and the female store manager that interviewed me seemed to talk more about herself. When she'd ask a question and I'd answer she would right away tie it with her own accomplishments and store conflict scenerios, which is fine, but she didn't have to share HR was investigating at her store because employees complained about her. I never received a job offer or has there been follow up. I just feel that it wasn't a quality interview and had I had a professional interviewer as myself since I am in same type of business in retail in HR...I would have been hired by someone that took job more serious and was concious of their own recruiting performance. I was debating in contacting Senior recruiter and make her aware, but it's not worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Torrance, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Very fast process. Interview handled very professionally in a District Office. Two managers; store and District. Nothing tricky or weird. Just trying to get to know who I was, what my experience was and gauge my willingness to fit into their team. Overall, very positive. The District Office was not as fancy as one might think. The Corporate Offices in Boca Raton, Florida were much more impressive. I found all of senior management very involved, very approachable.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to make an unpopular decision?   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I was an internal promotion but my interview was a face to face with a store manager and one with my district manager and then a phone interview with another District Manager

Interview Questions

• basic question about how you could improve the store if you were an ASM   Answer Question

Negotiation

no. negotiations as I was a internal promotion