Office Depot Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

1.7

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like everyone there was pretty laid back. Showed up 15 minutes early, was told that the hiring manager would be out in a little bit after printing off some forms. After a while the manager came out, shook my hand and walked me over the furniture area and pulled up a chair. Pretty typical interview questions, manager was serious but wasn't too uptight about the whole process. Was told on the spot after the interview that I could start as soon as the proper paperwork was done and my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's an entry level position so not much negotiation to be had. Gave me a dollar raise from my last job.

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

There were three individual interviews, which makes sense because there are multiple departments working together. The first interview was with the floor manager, the second with the print shop management, and the third with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled an incident at your last job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward. It was a one on one experience where the employer asked you the usual questions. There is a second interview shortly after the first if they are interested in hiring. Also a drug test/background check.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dayton, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

Just called for interview hired on spot. did a one on one interview. Was asked a series of questions then whas hired on the spot. I would say it was one of the easiest interview i have ever had.

Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Snellville, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Filed out app was asked to come in negotiate pay and I was hired took jab put 2 weeks to get put on schedule but green I was working 34 to 40 hours a week

Interview Questions

• Do you have transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

It was super easy. I walked in on the off chance they were hiring, and they were. So I did an on the spot interview and was hired. Interview was short and quick. Basic personality questions and why do you want to work here, etc. Had to complete a long questionnaire and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Basic. Why Office Depot? What is customer service to you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

My first interview was a one on one with the store manager. My second interview was a one on one with the department manager. It was in this interview that I was given an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Office Depot?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was very brief. I was brought in by the store manager, who was very friendly, and asked behavioral based questions. Things like how I reacted when dealing with conflict or working with others. I went through the interview pretty quickly, and it was obvious I might have been over qualified. Overall It was a very simple interview.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was about a time where I had conflict and had a poor outcome, and how I felt about that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Waco, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

You take a test, then if you pass the test you get a second interview. On the second interview you are asked about your past jobs and how you have dealt with or deal with certain situations. Based on your answers you are either hired on the spot or turned away.

Interview Questions

• If a sudden rush of people were to come into the store, would you be able to handle working under the pressure of multi-tasking in the store or picking up the slack of other employees if needed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

It took about two weeks after the day I applied online. They brought me in for a personality test and then from there invited me back for an interview. The interview was not bad just some basic questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• It was just personal questions.   1 Answer