Office Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Customer Service Associate Interview Questions

1.8

Customer Service Associate Interview

Interview

Long process, to apply and interviews went in at least 3 days within 2 weeks to fill out paper work

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Waxahachie, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

You apply online and they make you do a personality quiz. If you meet the requirements of that they might call you in for an interview. After being called in for an interview, I was brought to the back of the store and was interviewed by two managers. They asked me general questions and some tricky ones like give me a story of a sales experience that you have had. I was then interviewed by the store manager.

Interview Questions

• Give me a story of a past sales experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Worth, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lake Worth, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

Was actually a pretty drawn out process
    I was called two weeks after ai applied for an interview.
    Basic questions about prior work experience, how comfortable you are with customers, selling, overall culture, and scenarios about potential customer problems. Took another two weeks to start and get drug test in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, manager kind of told me how much I was going too be paid and when I was going to start. I have heard other associates were able to negotiate up to $1.00 more than they would have gotten. But I did not.

Anonymous Employee in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Paramus, NJ) in June 2012.

Interview

I was called to come in. The interview was quite informal. There is no need to dress up in a full suit or a dress. I would suggest a nice shirt and jeans. The interview was very quick and brief. I would not worry if you are a well put together person. Be polite and answer questions asked. The interview was very short and I was asked to go through a drug screen.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I was asked to apply by the manager who was working when I went in with my sister for her to apply, They require a somewhat lengthy, slightly tricky personality test, presumably to weed out people with inconsistencies in their background I walked in, took the personality test, came back two days later and was hired after a 15 minute interview, given the information to fill out for background check and form for drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any retail experience?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle if you were checking out a customer and three more customers came to stand in your line?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I went into the store first to introduce myself and get a feel for the people and location. Talked to a manger and really hit it off with her(unfortunately, no one tells you that the management changes every couple of months). Noted the all female management; thought that was awesome.

Sent in my application and a week later, maybe less got a phone call.
    We set up an interview date and I went in, interviewed, and we set up another date immediately for the skills and personality test.
    It was about 100 or so questions about situations and your role in a retail setting. You have to get a specific score and I got another phone call shortly thereafter.

Got trained for my cashier position in a couple of days and then was put out on the floor.

Be prepared to pick up other people's slack.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? or Why would you fit in here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing, really happened

Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Florence, SC) in August 2011.

Interview

The hiring process starts with a person applying online with the company. After applying online with the company, the person then go through a process of coming to Office Depot and speaking with the hiring manager face to face, while being told of the job duties that will be needed from the person to do the job that is being offered to them by the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience with speaking and helping customers face to face or on the phone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate the time that they wanted me to start and that they would be willing to work around my schedule times as far as appointments.

Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Sarasota, FL) in June 2011.

Interview

I was not given an interview. The hiring process involved a drug test and one of those personality tests. The drug test was fine, since I understand the reasoning for that, but apparently I 'failed' the personality test. The store manager didn't care and had someone else take it for me.

Customer Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 hours. I filled out an application in store, then did an online test of 182 questions all pretty straight forward. E.g. Have you ever stolen from an employer? Do you feel dishonesty is a good thing to do to make a sale ?

During the one to one interview it was simple. Have you ever worked retail and asked for examples of when you had a great boss and when you had a bad boss and how you dealt with it. Also asked how long I would commit to office depot.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of an ineffective manager?   Answer Question
    • If you could be an animal what would you be.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked what wage I was looking for I said $10, the offered $9.80 as the final offer and said take it or leave it.