Office Depot Customer Service Specialist I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Customer Service Specialist I Interview Questions

Updated Oct 25, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

I came in dressed in nice casual attire, (Nice jeans and a button down shirt.) and spoke with the store manager. She had a look over my resume and just kind of asked questions about be based off of what she seen on there. After a couple of jokes back and forth about my previous work history not being retail or customer service related, and about the fact that I would be taking a pay cut from my previous jobs she declared on the spot that I was hired and after about 3 days I was called back in for training.

Interview Questions

• What type of work are you looking for by applying to this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Walked in store after seeing the ad and was told I should apply online. Called me within the week and interviewed next day by one of the store manager. I did a personality survey at their print center before I left. Got a call that I was accepted later, and went in to sign paper for drug and background testing.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you notice another associate was trying to steal something?   2 Answers

Negotiation

None. I know it was entry, part-time customer service at big box with no experience, so minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Antonio, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Insane three in person interviews. Process took nearly a month with the background check and drug test. Incredibly lengthy and non-needed process for just a silly minimum wage job. Supervisor asked me silly questions, wasn't professional in the slightest. I was just a kid in high school, but felt far more mature than their silly supervisor.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

You fill out an online application (that includes copy of resume), if they consider you for the job the store manager gives you a call for an interview. Then you are asked to take a test. If you score high, you may get an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Waxahachie, TX).

Interview

The hiring process when I applied was the old standard of paper application. Once applied, you go into the store and take an assessment test. This usually takes 30-60 minutes and just basically asks behavioral questions, scenarios, and your personal ideas on the situation, or task. Every store is different and I was interviewed once with one of the floor managers. Questions are pretty basic: Why did you apply?, What makes you a team player?, What is your biggest contribution toward customer service? etc. People from other stores have been interviewed twice, usually with the department manager and then the Store manager. It's really not hard to get the job, just answer with the idea that customers come first and that you work with teams very well.

Interview Questions

• Give me a time when you gave poor customer service, and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations, made less than previous job I worked at. At the time I was in college and just needed some income for food,gas, and anything school related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (New Brunswick, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was brief and over within a couple of weeks. The manager spoke with me briefly asking me essentially when I wanted to start. It was more of an interview of necessity than an actual search to find people who fit well with the company's core values. It seemed like employees came and went in rapid cycles so they were always hiring.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I heard that Office Depot was hiring so I went there and asked to talk to the manager. I took the assessment that very same day and got called back a week later, then scheduled an interview. I went through 2 interviews, one with assistant and one with head manager. They just asked me about myself, my goals, why I wanted to work here. Basically we sell ourselves to them. Why are you a good candidate? How would you handle a difficult customer, strengths, weaknesses, and work experience? Everything was positive and a chill interview and he told me to get the drug test!

Interview Questions

• None really. The interview was honestly like a conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Just gave us the wage that Office Depot offers and said there is an opportunity to grow.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Applied online and was called by manager to come into store to take assessment. After completion, I was given my score immediately. Within three days I had interviewed with both the Assistant Manager and Store Manager and had accepted an offer for employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was open but each position is restricted to a bracket.

Customer Service Specialist I Interview

Interview

Hiring process is completely online, managers have no control on who gets sent to which store. Then you have to answer a questionnaire in the store. Interview process is quick and speedy and by then you probably already have the job. (At least in my case.)

Interview Questions

• The most difficult situation is convincing customers how PC/Android is better than Apple.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Prince Frederick, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Prince Frederick, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

I submited my online application and went into the store the next day and they have me a test of about 110 questions. The test was completely on behavior and basicaly looks for how approachable you are to customers and your ability to sell on the floor.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions on when to approach the customer or what to say to them when selling can seem like they have multiple answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No Negotiation was aaliable they were extremely clear on what the pay/benefits would be.