Office Depot Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Department Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Office Depot

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online to their website and then submit to a People Answers assessment. If selected you are generally called in for a first interview with the management team. Afterwards, if you pass that particular phase, you will be asked to return for a second interview and possibly a third with the store manager. Considering that the position is managerial in nature, often times a District Manager may also conduct and additional interview. Assuming that you pass those interviews, you will be given a background check and the offer will be contingent upon you passing the background check.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Destin, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Destin, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online because I was living out of state at the time. I received a phone call a couple days later from the store manager. She asked me a few basic questions about my previous experience and when I could start. SHe asked me to come by the store a few days before the agreed start date to introduce myself.

Interview Questions

• I see you have been a department manager with Staples. Why have you chosen to leave Staples and work for Office Depot?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in October 2011.

Interview

6 to 8 questions for the first interview. Then 6 to 8 more questions during the second interview. Waited a week to see if the job was mine. Was then extended an offer. Spent 1 month in a hotel to train in another state.

Interview Questions

• What person or event has influenced your personal development and what did they say that has stuck with you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They Made an offer and I took it... didnt disagree with it.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with two Store Managers, and then I had a third interview with the District Manager. The questions were pretty consistent, no doubt from a script. I attended a mass hire event, so a typical interview would be in a more relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the basic questions, such as "describe a time when you faced a difficult customer"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

First fill out online application, then take the online assessment test. Two interview process, once with assistant manager, next with store manager. You may get interviewed for the store you applied for, or you may get interviewed for another store in the area, their choice. The entire process really depends on the manager you are dealing with. I actually interviewed with a few good managers in my process, they just kept moving me to different locations to get my position. The store I actually worked in, the store manager was not a good interviewer and didn't treat applicants well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

This was pretty informal. Interviewed with Assistant manager and then with Manger. I had a resume with me and we covered the high points, I pointed out how my experience could help him. I got very positive feedback but ultimately couldn't agree on money.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. I took an online personallity test and simple math test. Within a week, a manager called me for an interview. I interview with 3 store managers. A background check was done. A urine test was submitted. After passing all tests. I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate salary but it was fixed.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Standard process no real curve balls. If you have been through even a couple of interviews then you will do just fine. I don't know what else to add. Good luck and take a deep breath.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Store Manager, District Manager, Other Store Manager.
    Excessive due diligence for a 10 / hour job, bordering on ridiculous.
    The interviewers were polite and professional but failed to follow-up when the position was filled internally. Nobody likes to be left hanging.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Denver, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

Long and drawn out. Took over a month to receive an official offer. Interviews were pretty basic.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an unexpected emergency come up?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No real negotiation phase. Offer came through pretty easy.