Office Depot Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Department Manager Interview Questions

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Standard process no real curve balls. If you have been through even a couple of interviews then you will do just fine. I don't know what else to add. Good luck and take a deep breath.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Montgomery, AL) in June 2015.

Interview

You apply online to their website and then submit to a People Answers assessment. If selected you are generally called in for a first interview with the management team. Afterwards, if you pass that particular phase, you will be asked to return for a second interview and possibly a third with the store manager. Considering that the position is managerial in nature, often times a District Manager may also conduct and additional interview. Assuming that you pass those interviews, you will be given a background check and the offer will be contingent upon you passing the background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

This was pretty informal. Interviewed with Assistant manager and then with Manger. I had a resume with me and we covered the high points, I pointed out how my experience could help him. I got very positive feedback but ultimately couldn't agree on money.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

Initial interview with assistant store manager, final with store manager. You get asked basic customer service questions and how well you interact with customers. If you get the past the first interview, the rest is a piece of cake. Show up early and talk a lot about customer service and that you want a challenge.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied on line. I took an online personallity test and simple math test. Within a week, a manager called me for an interview. I interview with 3 store managers. A background check was done. A urine test was submitted. After passing all tests. I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Attempted to negotiate salary but it was fixed.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

First fill out online application, then take the online assessment test. Two interview process, once with assistant manager, next with store manager. You may get interviewed for the store you applied for, or you may get interviewed for another store in the area, their choice. The entire process really depends on the manager you are dealing with. I actually interviewed with a few good managers in my process, they just kept moving me to different locations to get my position. The store I actually worked in, the store manager was not a good interviewer and didn't treat applicants well.

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Easy interview, just wear nice clothes and shave. As long as you pass the 110 question survey you will get the offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Department Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Customer experience, retail experience, tech experience, decision quality

Interview Questions

• Situational awareness questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

na

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Store Manager, District Manager, Other Store Manager.
    Excessive due diligence for a 10 / hour job, bordering on ridiculous.
    The interviewers were polite and professional but failed to follow-up when the position was filled internally. Nobody likes to be left hanging.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Atlanta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Met with District Manager and then a Store Manager. Was asked situational questions and discussed my work experience. Reviewed company expectations and what my responsibilities would entail. I asked follow up questions. District Manager called next day to offer a position.

Interview Questions

• Why are you the best candidate?
      How would you handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't alot of wiggle room for negotiating pay rate.