Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

95 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Zachary, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resources manager for an hour who then forwarded my information to the store manager. Interviewed for over an hour with him. Was told my next step was going to an interview with the district manager. The store manager seemed to like me but was extremely unprepared for the interview. Was in and out of the office and taking phone calls throughout. Was told when I left to contact him by Wednesday if I had not heard from the district manager by then to set up my interview. Got an email the following business day that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Encino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview wasn't what i had gone through before. It was more of a informal rather than an actual 1 on 1 which wasn't bad, though it felt more like the manager was trying to tell me about the store than who i am.

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lapeer, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The process to the first interview was easy. And the assistant manager was nice and asked good questions. But the Second interview with the store Manager was not as good and there was a lot of repeat questions form the last interview, and did not seem to be thought out well.

Senior Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about a position prior to it being posted. I had a 30 minute phone screen at the end of which she discussed the compensation. While it was below what I currently make, I told her I would email her back the following day with my decision. I had forgot to ask about relocation assistance so emailed her the following day with a question about relocation assistance. I never received a response to that initial email and the 3 additional emails sent as well as the 2 phone messages I left for her. About 3 weeks later the position was posted and I applied online and the next day I received a system formatted rejection email. I subsequently felt the entire process was rude and unprofessional . I called the VP of HR and the Head of Talent contacted me and then another recruiter contacted me (a big waste of time) since they were so far along in the selection process that even if I was interested it was too late. Stay far away!!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Wilmington, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call asking for an interview. Went in, answered some questions, and was told that it was a filter interview and that I would have my real interview with the store manager the next day. I come in and am interviewed by someone else, not the store manager, who then tells me that if necessary, I will need to come in for another interview with the store manager. However, they never called me back.

Global Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in February 2017.

Interview

Went well. Had a phone interview with the Corp recruiter. I connected with the interviewer and he shared some things that he wouldn't normally share. I thought it was a very good representation of who I am and what I have to offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called back in a week or so. Interview was fairly quick and questions were mostly oriented around past experience dealing with other people or difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in a team environment and how well did you perform with your team?   Answer Question

Demand Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Office Depot in February 2017.

Interview

I received a call that's it. They never contacted me back. Unless you are us born citizen they won't move forward with your application. Additionally, the turn over looks so high in this company the position I applied for has been posted since December 2015 what makes me believe people leave normally after 6 months of work.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview invitation from the talent manager. I was interviewed by the corporate recruiter based on information on my resume and online application. This went well enough to receive a second interview with a district manager for a local district of stores.

Interview Questions

• The second interview had predetermined behavior interview questions using the SAR method of judging leadership, conflict managment, financial and business analysis aptitude. One quest ask was how I would react if a key category of our sales had declined 40 percent, what decisions and actions would I make?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Parkersburg, WV) in December 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources, then an in-person interview with the store manager. After the in person interview, the manager said the next step was setting up an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer