Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.4

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview invitation from the talent manager. I was interviewed by the corporate recruiter based on information on my resume and online application. This went well enough to receive a second interview with a district manager for a local district of stores.

Interview Questions

• The second interview had predetermined behavior interview questions using the SAR method of judging leadership, conflict managment, financial and business analysis aptitude. One quest ask was how I would react if a key category of our sales had declined 40 percent, what decisions and actions would I make?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkersburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Parkersburg, WV) in December 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with Human Resources, then an in-person interview with the store manager. After the in person interview, the manager said the next step was setting up an interview with the District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work nights, weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen interview w/ recruiting firm happening this AM. Have had several emails and one call w/ recruiter. Initial skype interview was cancelled and rescheduled. Has not yet occurred

Category Merchant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. The interview seemed to go well. I had the experience and skills needed. The HR rep stated she was going to call back for a 1:1 interview with hiring manager, but never called. I sent her a followup email and called with no response.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a phone call from the HR rep. He seemed so down and not happy to do the call at all. I passed his portion of the interview however and was scheduled a week later to meet in person. I met with two managers who interviewed me. I thought the interview went well, I can prepared and answered the questions honestly. After the interview I got a call a few hours later saying that I was not chosen to go on to the next round, as I do not have sales experience. Which, I have over eight years in aggressive cold calling, in and outbound sales. That left a terrible aftertaste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Specifics on experience and how I feel I can be coached.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with company's recruiter and hiring manager, then two more onsite and met the team and director. Everything seem to go fine and expected some kind of feedback at the end of the process, they even mentioned I would hear back from them. It was a horrible experience after meeting them so many time, the company did not have the decency to respond whether it was a positive or negative one. That was not professional whatsoever, no respect for the individual, I will not recommend this place at all!

Interview Questions

• Had technical questions related to the position and was also asked what did I think of the position.   Answer Question

Copy and Print Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The store manager called a few days after I applied online. He asked basic questions (Are you currently in college?, Is this your first job?, etc..) and set up an interview in-store for the next week.
    The interview at the store was pretty easy, mostly asking for experience and if I had knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type to do things to be acknowledged or would you do work to help the store, despite not being praised for it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Wilmington, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Awful, pointless questions with no intention of hiring. The questions didn't have a thing to do with my experience and my experience was not even considered when deciding whether to hire me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy nice dude and really nice place to work. Interview took 30 minutes. Sad I didn't get the job but it is what it is. Defiantly good for people on high school for a first time job.But still it can get confusing for first time applies