Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 16, 2017

2.1

Logistics Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Simple and straightforward, basic questions about yourself and your experience and what hours and days you are willing to work. Very laid back. I interviewed with both the store manager and the operations manager in the same day but separately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Interview

It was fairly simple. They asked questions like "tell me about yourself" and "Do you know what this position entails?" The manager was fairly nice and he did a nice job going over the job position. We sat in the back of the store in the furniture department

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call from the de facto assistant manager for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was brief, less than 10 minutes, but the interviewer told me that he liked me and that I should expect a second interview call within a few days. I got the call for that and scheduled it for the next week with the store manager. This one was much longer; it was supposed to be 30 minutes but ended up being an hour. However, I believe this was only because the questions I asked him required him to talk and explain things in a detailed manner. Unlike the first interviewer, this one kept his cards close to the chest; I had no idea where I stood going forward. However, I was told that I would be contacted (whether I got the job or not) within a few days, and fortunately for me I did.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Sat down with Store Manager, did a ten min convo, meet with an other manager for a brief introduction, got hired on spot, did a tour of the building, started few days later.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work any shift?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Got a call very soon after applying to come in for an interview. I got there a little early but the manager let me start right away. She took me to her office and started the interview. She knew it was my first interview and was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Office Depot?   Answer Question
    • Have you worked in teams before? Were there conflicts and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

MBDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

A very long process 2-month minimum, expect longer if the current manager is switching positions, no one wants to pull the trigger and hire someone they are not going to train. Make sure to write well thought out Thank you letters and be extremely nice to the Admins as they run the show.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can sell office products? It a commodity that people can buy anywhere? What is your approach is selling to a 250k year supply spend account?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple behavioral questions. The interview was very casual and not a lot of questions were asked. Come into the store in person, prepared and with a resume and cover letter.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

They have to ask a set of questions from a list. Typical "what would you do in this situation" or "tell me about a time when" questions. Filler word Filler word Filler word

Copy and Print Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (McAllen, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online during the weekend. Received call on Monday and was told I would be called back to schedule interview. A week later I get the call to go in for interview the next day. Tuesday I go in for interview. The managers were very friendly and rather smart. The first interview was with assistant store manager and was over in about 20 minutes. He told me about the store's vision and whatnot. Then the store manager interviewed me with the Print Supervisor in the room although I wasn't asked anything by her. The questions were tougher but nothing out of the ordinary. I was informed there were other candidates to interviewed with last one being on Thursday. That Thursday I got the call asking if I was still interested in the job. Went in the following day and filled out forms and walked around the store looking for items (scavenger hunt). Still waiting on background check results a week later.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Encino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview wasn't what i had gone through before. It was more of a informal rather than an actual 1 on 1 which wasn't bad, though it felt more like the manager was trying to tell me about the store than who i am.