Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.1

677 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Very easy. I think I got asked 3 questions and they were simple "Did you, or didn't you do" or "How would you handle thing" type questions. If you pass, they make you sign the typical employment papers then you wait x amount of days for your background check.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with angry customers in the past?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I applied online. I had to take an assessment test shortly after. It takes a good 40 minutes to complete. Got a call for an interview and then got a drug screen and background check right after.

Retail Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Metairie, LA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online on November 13th and received a phone call from the Store Manager for a f2f interview November 28th. The interview went over my work experience with current and former employers.

Situational questions and how would I handle irate customers.

The interview was great overall the Store Manager was very knowledgeable. I made sure to deliver as much as possible with answering the question he had which allow for the Store Manager not to have many questions because they were answered already.

Overall great experience will possibly hear something today or
    tomorrow November 30th regarding position. *** Additional Feedback***

The Store Manager I interviewed with passed my resume over to another Store that was also seeking a CMT. Interviewed for position again December 1st, with Store Manager background check was submitted same day, was advise District Manager may wanna conduct phone interview once all documentation was received.

Received call from Store Manager December 6th to inform District Manager would like to conduct phone interview, which I had on December 8th. Received follow up call today advising I received the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question
    • With your current employer if I was to contact them what would they said regarding your work ethic?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

horrible and not very long they were late and busy do not work for this company they do not know what they are doing and are about to go under

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Called me about a week after I applied asking basic personality type questions. During the same phone call asked me to come in the next week for an in-person interview. The on-site interview was mostly behavioral and running through the resume.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

Had a final round interview at the headquarters in Boca. They scheduled the fight (longer than necessary with a lengthy layover) and I had to take care of booking everything else, transportation, hotel, etc... Was disappointed that they interview schedule changed dramatically. The person leaving the role and company was the primary decision maker and was somewhat aggressive in trying to justify why perhaps I was overqualified and would not be the best for the job. The hiring manager who was scheduled for a full hour only spent 10 minutes with me and people who were not on the schedule were added last minute to compensate. After the interview I had to chase the HR rep for a follow up which almost took one month.

Interview Questions

• How would you forecast for a product that you have limited data for?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Oakland, CA).

Interview

I went to hiring event. The assistant manager asked for general questions and took assessment test. Next day, I got an second interview and I got hired. The process took at least 1 week with drug test.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone and then in person
    I had been hired for another position but they wanted me to work in customer service for at least 6 months before allowing me to apply for the position I applied for and was hired for. I had to threaten to leave before the allowed me to move to the position I applied for.

Retail Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Merriam, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Merriam, KS) in August 2017.

Interview

I walked in and let an associate know that I was there for an interview. They originally requested the store manager Scott on their radios and I was interviewed by a assistant manager named Ken. He let me know that he hadn't been there long and this interview wouldn't be long or scary at all.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a bad experience with a customer?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zachary, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Zachary, LA) in August 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with the human resources manager for an hour who then forwarded my information to the store manager. Interviewed for over an hour with him. Was told my next step was going to an interview with the district manager. The store manager seemed to like me but was extremely unprepared for the interview. Was in and out of the office and taking phone calls throughout. Was told when I left to contact him by Wednesday if I had not heard from the district manager by then to set up my interview. Got an email the following business day that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question