Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.1

CPD Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Francisco, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Talk to a manager, be related to current employee. in my case, I talked to a manager four years ago, and this year they had an opening, after I applied to every branch in the region, in every way available, and made every bold statement that doesn't oblige an excuse.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work for minimum wage?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

It consisted of a gauntlet interview with about 7 members of the team, some coming in pairs. All mostly asked the same questions. The initial phone screen was with the recruiter, then passed and went onsite. Questions mainly revolved around analytics, and finance. A couple of brain teasers as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you look at pricing a pen that is a private brand vs. a national brand?   1 Answer

Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

This is a panel interview by the hiring hr hiring manager and two possible managers that will have you on their team. They will then either contact you or just go completely ghost on you. Emails are not answered.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach my new book of business.   1 Answer

MBDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

A very long process 2-month minimum, expect longer if the current manager is switching positions, no one wants to pull the trigger and hire someone they are not going to train. Make sure to write well thought out Thank you letters and be extremely nice to the Admins as they run the show.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can sell office products? It a commodity that people can buy anywhere? What is your approach is selling to a 250k year supply spend account?   1 Answer

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lapeer, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lapeer, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The process to the first interview was easy. And the assistant manager was nice and asked good questions. But the Second interview with the store Manager was not as good and there was a lot of repeat questions form the last interview, and did not seem to be thought out well.

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

There was me and another girl with the interviewer. She took us to a food court so it was a bit noisy but we can still hear each other. The interviewer was really nice and she explained to us about their store a little bit before the interview.

Vertical Markets Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

process started 2013 telephone call. Updates every 60 days by phone. Phone call and invitation to apply for specific job in 2014 phone screen followed by panel interview followed by one on one with managing director. Offer followed next day. I accepted the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

tight rigid non-compete: no work at Staples, Amazon, Best Buy or Target. Extreme

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

From start to finish, it took over a month. The online application process is standard. There's a personality assessment that takes forty-five minutes to complete. And between phone and face-to-face interviews, I spoke with seven people before an employment offer was made.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Castle Rock, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview was the manager gossiping about his problem staff. I thought this was so I can assist better in my new role correcting issues, however, he simply never gave me the information about the role/organizational functions. I had to ask several times and the conversation became one about him.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Professional Management Level Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

First stage was about my skills and experience to date and the usual questions about why you are applying. Then there was a personality questionnaire followed by the second stage interview in which HR was present and the questions included things directly picked out from the questionnaire. The issue with these personality assessment tests is that they do not allow you to contextualise your responses and so the results can be inaccurate in places. The one good thing about this personality test was that the company (cubiksonline.co.uk) did not ask a range of irrelevant personal questions as a condition to accessing the actual test itself - eg your existing job and responsibilities as well salary related information (this is to a third party remember, not the company that you are applying for a job) and candidates have no choice but to give such information to this third party simply as a condition to accessing the test itself, which is part of the recruitment process for the job that the candidate is applying for. In the interview, i did point out the need to contextualise but the type of 'team' in which i work is too nuanced and my view was that in the second stage interview HR did not appreciate the context of my role. The company however was very courteous.

Interview Questions

• Why applying for the job and company and going through your work history. The questions were sensible and appropriate - no silly or odd questions. At second stage, following the personality test, some questions were based on the test.   Answer Question