Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Nashville, TN) in June 2014.

Interview

Basically involves basic questions about previous experience, desired base pay and availability. It appeared that if you walked in, was able to not come across and unstable or incompetent that it would be an immediate hire.

Interview Questions

• Tell about your experience with your previous positions.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Garden Grove, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview felt very informal. The Assistant Store Manager asked me a lot of questions regarding what I like to do and why I chose to apply for this position. She also asked me the difference between a laser and inkjet printer. Then we moved on to my interest in technology and such. It was very laid-back. I think they were in need of employees so anyone looking decent enough would get the job.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me this pencil (or any object they choose in the room)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Detroit, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

it was fairly standard when it comes to a sales position. Questions were very easy. The quick pitch to sell something through me off but it wasn't that stressful because i at least had experience coming in.

Interview Questions

• how you handle a difficult question/customer   1 Answer

Business Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

This is a panel interview by the hiring hr hiring manager and two possible managers that will have you on their team. They will then either contact you or just go completely ghost on you. Emails are not answered.

Interview Questions

• How would I approach my new book of business.   1 Answer

Temporary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in June 2017.

Interview

About a week from when I did the app I got a call to come in for an interview.The interview was quick she basically jusy ask about my availability and previous work history.The interview last for about 10 minutes.I also had to fill out some forms to approve for a background check.She didnt really discuss what my title would be or what I actually would be doing.About a week from the interview I got a call a 10 pm at night saying I start the following week and what to wear.I honestly forgot about this job because it was temporarily and was shock they called so late.I accepted the offer.I have not started work yet.I start the beginning of july and I remember during the interview she said the job normally end around the second week of September right after school start.so it is a short job sentence.also during the interview the store was very empty of customers which explain why they only hire temporarily and for a short time.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job   Answer Question
    • can you work here and attend school?   Answer Question
    • I would like to add that my interviewer stated she like my app and resume becuase I had alot of stock experience   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot in May 2015.

Interview

Basically he talked to me in the stock room hallway as he was putting things away and asked what hours i could work and how flexible my schedule was. He told me who was going to train me and that was it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I went in during the job fair they were having and I spoke to the manager on the spot. He was really nice and said he'd be interested in hiring me. After I went home and completed the job assessment he asked me to come in and I was offered the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Clemente, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Structured, had to answer questions that corporate gave them. Manager was informal in presentation took notes on answers to the specific questions. Interview was friendly but interviewer had to ask questions corporate wanted not necessarily the ones they wanted to answer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Simple and straightforward, basic questions about yourself and your experience and what hours and days you are willing to work. Very laid back. I interviewed with both the store manager and the operations manager in the same day but separately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (McKinney, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, expect to answer the basic retail interview question. Most interviews should be given in two part intervals, usually face to face rarely will a phone interview be given.