Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.1

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Iberia, LA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (New Iberia, LA) in July 2017.

Interview

I got a call for my first interview went in and talked with the assistant manager who is awesome by the way and we talked about my expierence and how i interact with others. And the following week the manager called me in for a second interview where i had to fill out a background check paperwork and then about 2 days later the store manager who is awesome as well offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• If i would be a team player and help my other co workers   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joplin, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Joplin, MO) in July 2017.

Interview

I had an interview within a couple days, I got the call for a interview later that night. The interview was very scripted and followed company policy. Since I was a minor there was a lot of different steps taken. I had to agree to not use certain equipment. IE laminator, copy machine simple stuff I needed to know hot to use

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Simple and straightforward, basic questions about yourself and your experience and what hours and days you are willing to work. Very laid back. I interviewed with both the store manager and the operations manager in the same day but separately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you turn the situation around?   Answer Question

Temporary Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in June 2017.

Interview

About a week from when I did the app I got a call to come in for an interview.The interview was quick she basically jusy ask about my availability and previous work history.The interview last for about 10 minutes.I also had to fill out some forms to approve for a background check.She didnt really discuss what my title would be or what I actually would be doing.About a week from the interview I got a call a 10 pm at night saying I start the following week and what to wear.I honestly forgot about this job because it was temporarily and was shock they called so late.I accepted the offer.I have not started work yet.I start the beginning of july and I remember during the interview she said the job normally end around the second week of September right after school start.so it is a short job sentence.also during the interview the store was very empty of customers which explain why they only hire temporarily and for a short time.

Interview Questions

• why did you leave your last job   Answer Question
    • can you work here and attend school?   Answer Question
    • I would like to add that my interviewer stated she like my app and resume becuase I had alot of stock experience   Answer Question

Interview

It was fairly simple. They asked questions like "tell me about yourself" and "Do you know what this position entails?" The manager was fairly nice and he did a nice job going over the job position. We sat in the back of the store in the furniture department

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call from the de facto assistant manager for an interview about 2 weeks later. It was brief, less than 10 minutes, but the interviewer told me that he liked me and that I should expect a second interview call within a few days. I got the call for that and scheduled it for the next week with the store manager. This one was much longer; it was supposed to be 30 minutes but ended up being an hour. However, I believe this was only because the questions I asked him required him to talk and explain things in a detailed manner. Unlike the first interviewer, this one kept his cards close to the chest; I had no idea where I stood going forward. However, I was told that I would be contacted (whether I got the job or not) within a few days, and fortunately for me I did.

Interview Questions

• What would you consider to be excellent customer service?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot in May 2017.

Interview

I went in during the job fair they were having and I spoke to the manager on the spot. He was really nice and said he'd be interested in hiring me. After I went home and completed the job assessment he asked me to come in and I was offered the job.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Sat down with Store Manager, did a ten min convo, meet with an other manager for a brief introduction, got hired on spot, did a tour of the building, started few days later.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work any shift?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Got a call very soon after applying to come in for an interview. I got there a little early but the manager let me start right away. She took me to her office and started the interview. She knew it was my first interview and was very nice about it.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Office Depot?   1 Answer
    • Have you worked in teams before? Were there conflicts and how did you deal with them?   Answer Question

MBDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

A very long process 2-month minimum, expect longer if the current manager is switching positions, no one wants to pull the trigger and hire someone they are not going to train. Make sure to write well thought out Thank you letters and be extremely nice to the Admins as they run the show.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you can sell office products? It a commodity that people can buy anywhere? What is your approach is selling to a 250k year supply spend account?   1 Answer