Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.2

Copy and Print Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The store manager called a few days after I applied online. He asked basic questions (Are you currently in college?, Is this your first job?, etc..) and set up an interview in-store for the next week.
    The interview at the store was pretty easy, mostly asking for experience and if I had knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type to do things to be acknowledged or would you do work to help the store, despite not being praised for it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Wilmington, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

Awful, pointless questions with no intention of hiring. The questions didn't have a thing to do with my experience and my experience was not even considered when deciding whether to hire me.

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Delray Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

When I arrived at 10am that morning, I was told to have a seat by Jason. After filling out the form , It was approximately 45minutes before he actually had the chance to Interview me while he was assisting a sweet Lil lady.
    I asked how much longe shall I leave my form or tell my ride to leave , Jason apologizes and said I'll be with you shortly. So I waited and He proceeded with the QA.

Interview Questions

• Jason asked how well is my patience? I stated I do have a High volume .
      Jason was as I see you waited patiently, Then he went on by asking me do I have former office skills? I let him know yes I do. I'm no Computer whiz but I've worked up to 9 programs one was AS400. Typing, Filing, photocopy, Printer, and MSword etc.
      1 Answer
    • Do I have office skills?   1 Answer
    • How well is my patience ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm going to give your application & resume to my manager so he can take a look at it.
    And we'll get back with you.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and after assessment, wait for call back during which an interview would be scheduled. After go to interview and sit down with hiring manager to talk about you and the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy nice dude and really nice place to work. Interview took 30 minutes. Sad I didn't get the job but it is what it is. Defiantly good for people on high school for a first time job.But still it can get confusing for first time applies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online several times within the time-span of a few months. The company called my house phone, rather than my cell-phone (which I had requested specifically). The manager who was on the phone was friendly, and requested an interview which would take place within 5 days of the phone call at noon.

On the day of the interview, I arrived 5 minutes early to the store. I informed a recently hired employee that I was scheduled for an interview. The employee called the manager, but he was not there. Instead, I had to wait for about 15-20 minutes for a supervisor to come and get me. The interview took place in a fairly small room. Unlike the manager whom I spoke with over the phone, the supervisor was not very engaging, and didn't seem like he wanted to do this interview. Upon completion of the interview, he said I would hear back from the company within a few days. I did not hear back from them until 3 weeks had passed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, but be ready to answer lots of questions! Still, the manager was very friendly and not intimidating at all. He likes his interviews to be like a conversation rather than just the typical "question and answer" interviews. Some questions involved your future plans, he asks you things regarding your resume, he'll ask you to demonstrate you would sell a customer certain materials Office Depot carries, how you would handle a angry customer. But overall, not a bad interview at all.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did special while in your last job? One thing you did that sticks out that your former boss would say you did specifically.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

1-Phone interview with a recruiter.
    2- Phone interview with members of the department. Technical questions and PM questions.
    3- In person interview with the members of the department. More technical questions and PM questions
    4- 2nd interview with more members of the department. More technical questions and PM questions. Told me on a Monday that they would make their decision within 2 days and I would be informed either way. Called the recruiter 2 weeks later and he said he had not heard anything and was reaching out to the client. Neither of us has heard anything for almost 2 months.

Interview Questions

• General PM questions and how I would handle a difficult situation. Questions were basic and not too difficult.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received an offer for a phone interview. Phone interview consisted of general information and conversational skills. After the phone interview, scheduled an in-person interview at the location I applied for. Relatively laid back interview and the questions weren't anything challenging. Mostly discussed previous work experience in retail or customer service.

Interview Questions

• What were your previous experiences with customer service?   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Richmond, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Fairly simple, the manager asked me to log onto a website and fill out an application, take some simple tests. One on One interview and it was done. Very straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked in customer relations or with the public   1 Answer