Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.1

Representative I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Work temporary approximately 90 days, actually perform the task being required, including any paperwork which accompanies the task, receive and reply to offer of employment, start work on company salary.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview invitation from the talent manager. I was interviewed by the corporate recruiter based on information on my resume and online application. This went well enough to receive a second interview with a district manager for a local district of stores.

Interview Questions

• The second interview had predetermined behavior interview questions using the SAR method of judging leadership, conflict managment, financial and business analysis aptitude. One quest ask was how I would react if a key category of our sales had declined 40 percent, what decisions and actions would I make?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot in January 2017.

Interview

Seemed like everyone there was pretty laid back. Showed up 15 minutes early, was told that the hiring manager would be out in a little bit after printing off some forms. After a while the manager came out, shook my hand and walked me over the furniture area and pulled up a chair. Pretty typical interview questions, manager was serious but wasn't too uptight about the whole process. Was told on the spot after the interview that I could start as soon as the proper paperwork was done and my background check cleared.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's an entry level position so not much negotiation to be had. Gave me a dollar raise from my last job.

Senior Sales Consultant Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Baton Rouge, LA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was pretty easy and straight forward...did the app online (two long questionnaires at the end). I would advise you to call after you do the application to speed the hiring process if not it could take even longer. Afterwards the hiring manager will ask you about your background in tech .....I would advise you to brush up on you knowledge even though I personally wasn't asked any tech questions. The interview
    was easy, when can you start, sell me this blank.....if it goes well you will be called in to submit background check (they don't drug test here in BR La)......the whole process took me about a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Start at 11 dollars an hour not much negotiation

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

Very simple to the point and brief. No pressure I really enjoyed it. Was very relaxed. And didn't have my worries. Don't be afraid
    Or worried
    Just go in there with confidence. They were quick and to the point. They knew what they wanted. Know your stuff and you should be fine

Interview Questions

• How would you describe ram and a hard drive to a customer   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redding, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Redding, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online while working at another job, then got called for an interview 15 days later. The interview was pretty easy, the manager mainly just asked about my previous employment and some situation questions.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your previous job?   1 Answer

Tech Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

When in and waited a few minutes until the manager was available then I did the interview, no questions about my capabilities, just asked when I could start.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

From start to finish, it took over a month. The online application process is standard. There's a personality assessment that takes forty-five minutes to complete. And between phone and face-to-face interviews, I spoke with seven people before an employment offer was made.

Copy and Print Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 short interviews
    1st with department manager
    2nd with store manager
    Online assessment

Had to take the online assessment inside the store and the store received the results immediately. The interview with department manager was less than an hour. Then was sent to drug testing. After receiving those results I had my interview with the store manager that lasted about 30 minutes.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL).

Interview

The recruiter contacted me to first schedule a phone interview with the senior accounting manager. Then a second interview day was scheduled for a one-on-one nterview with 3 level managers/supervisor.

Interview Questions

• Asked to the journal entry of an accounting question/problem.   1 Answer