Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL).

Interview

As a new hire,the interview process can last for up to three hours. You will be meeting with the hiring manager, the director of the department ,and other people from the team to see if you will be a great fit for the team and also for you as well to decide if this opportunity will be great fit

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. I came into the store and had an interview with the store manager. The important part of the interview was trying to sell one item but once they were attached to that item I had to add another item to their shopping cart.

Interview Questions

• If our are trying to sell me a pen, what other items might you add to the customers shopping list?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Panel interview. Behavioral questions and few technical. Dont be under or overqualified or they will pass on you. Be anticipating what they look for to stay ahead of the game. They are very friendly so throw a joke if you wish, they liked that.

Other job

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Show up in businesse professional attire, sit around for 15 to 20 minutes after signing in and then meet your interviewers. There wiil be 2 managers that preform it. You will leave confused on wether it went well. You will then wait, a silly amount of time, to hear back on the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if they wanted you to lower the price of an item by a lot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I could easily make the amount I asked for. Later amount was lowered after quitting my other job.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The first part of the interview was a phone call from the HR rep. He seemed so down and not happy to do the call at all. I passed his portion of the interview however and was scheduled a week later to meet in person. I met with two managers who interviewed me. I thought the interview went well, I can prepared and answered the questions honestly. After the interview I got a call a few hours later saying that I was not chosen to go on to the next round, as I do not have sales experience. Which, I have over eight years in aggressive cold calling, in and outbound sales. That left a terrible aftertaste in my mouth.

Interview Questions

• Specifics on experience and how I feel I can be coached.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I started my online application and took a break during the online assessment. I received a call from the store telling me that they were doing interviews a few days later, so I should finish my application soon. They told me to call back after I finished, so I did. I was set up with an interview immediately.

I showed up at the store and was interviewed by two managers. They asked questions about my background in sales and motivations and strengths and weaknesses. We talked about expectations and I had to try and sell a desk accessory. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

I was called two days later for a second interview with another manager. This interview was very similar to the first and we went over availability and my roles if I'm chosen for the job. This interview lasted 20 minutes.

I was called two days later and told that as long as I passed the background check, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Sterling Heights, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a week prior. Walked in 10 minutes early and the hiring manager did my interview right away. He was very easy to talk to and asked realistic questions. Of course there was questions read off the page but he knew what kind of answers he would get, and what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a last minute decision?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't feel able to negotiate. It didn't feel right in the situation. I feel like the interviewer was trying to make me feel awkward about attempting to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with company's recruiter and hiring manager, then two more onsite and met the team and director. Everything seem to go fine and expected some kind of feedback at the end of the process, they even mentioned I would hear back from them. It was a horrible experience after meeting them so many time, the company did not have the decency to respond whether it was a positive or negative one. That was not professional whatsoever, no respect for the individual, I will not recommend this place at all!

Interview Questions

• Had technical questions related to the position and was also asked what did I think of the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview about a week after I applied online. Very nice process, took about an hour to complete. I was interviewed first by the assistant manager, then the store manager. Both were extremely nice and asked me if I had any questions throughout the interview. Asked typical questions.