Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

Show up in businesse professional attire, sit around for 15 to 20 minutes after signing in and then meet your interviewers. There wiil be 2 managers that preform it. You will leave confused on wether it went well. You will then wait, a silly amount of time, to hear back on the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you help a customer if they wanted you to lower the price of an item by a lot?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told I could easily make the amount I asked for. Later amount was lowered after quitting my other job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I started my online application and took a break during the online assessment. I received a call from the store telling me that they were doing interviews a few days later, so I should finish my application soon. They told me to call back after I finished, so I did. I was set up with an interview immediately.

I showed up at the store and was interviewed by two managers. They asked questions about my background in sales and motivations and strengths and weaknesses. We talked about expectations and I had to try and sell a desk accessory. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

I was called two days later for a second interview with another manager. This interview was very similar to the first and we went over availability and my roles if I'm chosen for the job. This interview lasted 20 minutes.

I was called two days later and told that as long as I passed the background check, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Sterling Heights, MI) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was scheduled a week prior. Walked in 10 minutes early and the hiring manager did my interview right away. He was very easy to talk to and asked realistic questions. Of course there was questions read off the page but he knew what kind of answers he would get, and what he was looking for.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to deal with a last minute decision?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a rude customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't feel able to negotiate. It didn't feel right in the situation. I feel like the interviewer was trying to make me feel awkward about attempting to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Had two phone interviews with company's recruiter and hiring manager, then two more onsite and met the team and director. Everything seem to go fine and expected some kind of feedback at the end of the process, they even mentioned I would hear back from them. It was a horrible experience after meeting them so many time, the company did not have the decency to respond whether it was a positive or negative one. That was not professional whatsoever, no respect for the individual, I will not recommend this place at all!

Interview Questions

• Had technical questions related to the position and was also asked what did I think of the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview about a week after I applied online. Very nice process, took about an hour to complete. I was interviewed first by the assistant manager, then the store manager. Both were extremely nice and asked me if I had any questions throughout the interview. Asked typical questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Novi, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call for interview next day. I went on time and met with assistant manager. He asked me some questions from a paper and started ranking for each answer. Interview was around 10 minutes and he offered me job just after interview and singed documents for background check. Then manager called me after 2 days to invite for an orientation.

Interview Questions

• 1. tell me something about yourself.
      2. How does creativity effect customer service?
      3. Tell me about a situation in the past that you made an angry customer happy.
      4. Why do each member of the team are important?
      5. He gave me a scenario and asked me what would I do in that situation. The scenario went something like this: A customer trying to purchase a laptop and I am helping him for past 15 minutes. But at the end he refused to buy it.
      6. He gave me a pen and said ' Sell me this pen."   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

lengthy interview process starting with the recruiter. multiple interviews with overlay managers but necessary in vetting out the proper candidate. in hind site, when working with adjacent to other business divisions I'm glad I got to talk with other department managers. coordination proved to be somewhat difficult and was part of the reason for the length of time for the overall process

Interview Questions

• It was nice to be asked about strategies and routines as opposed to the basic interview questions. it made me think the really do have some vision for what they are trying to do   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I did not really have an interview process as I was already working for OfficeMax and Office Depot merged. I kept the same job so there was no interview process.

Copy and Print Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Miami, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

The store manager called a few days after I applied online. He asked basic questions (Are you currently in college?, Is this your first job?, etc..) and set up an interview in-store for the next week.
    The interview at the store was pretty easy, mostly asking for experience and if I had knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.

Interview Questions

• Are you the type to do things to be acknowledged or would you do work to help the store, despite not being praised for it?   Answer Question