Office Depot Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

2.1

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The Interview Process Was Easy As Long As You Were Yourself. They Want You To Be Easy To Talk To, So Improve Your People Skills And You Should Get The Job No Problem.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Office Depot (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was pretty standard. You sit across from one of two managers that could hire you and they bounce questions and ideas off you to see how you respond. Only one of the two managers that interview you can bring you onto their team. They are in control of who's butt fills what seat and on what team.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make while you work here?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Sent application, I then was called by recruiter to set up phone interview with her. I then had an interview with DM. After that I had an interview with RVP. Phone call from DM after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Office Depot? What makes you stand out then the other applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer price was reasonable for my situation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

The interview was extremely brief. I expected a few questions that would potentially make me think about the answer, yet the interview process was just to see if I was competent enough to run a cash register and say a few set lines with every customer. Management did not seem to care about who I was or what skills I have, they just wanted a warm body to carry their marketing scheme and push product.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and took the generic "ethics/intelligence" test. I was called on a Sunday afternoon to schedule an interview. I came in the next day, was asked one question, then offered a position pending my background check being cleared.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Office Depot (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out several online applications, and was contacted within a couple of weeks. I was interviewed by a couple of different people several times over a 15 week period. The thing that was the most interesting was the poor continuity of the interview process. The notes that went back and forth between interviewers was poor at best, and I was asked the same question over and over by the same people that interviewed me. Finally, I had an interview with a hiring manager who I could tell from the beginning of the interview was not interested in my background. The day following the last interview I received an email thanking me for my going through the interview process, but were not going forward. I found the process amateur at best.

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I wanted to work for Office Depot   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Reston, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

A very good interviewer and never seemed demanding nor overbearing. A very good manager. The assistant manager had seen me once before for a job fair, but could not find the paperwork I had submitted. When I came this time, he had the paperwork on top of the manager's desk.

Interview Questions

• They asked me three questions on how I felt the company (and store) should be run, about profit and loss statements, and what I could bring to the team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot in April 2016.

Interview

I called to see if they were hiring and one of the workers who answered the phone, and told me they were and to go complete an application, so i did. I called a couple days later and spoke with the hiring manager, and he set me up for an interview the next day. I consented to a background check, and called a couple days later. Everything came back fine and I was then told to come in the next day and meet with the store manager. Basically, he explained the days I'd work and when I could start.

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waco, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Waco, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked as few questions on how I would handle customers. What my availability was and what shifts I would like to work. It's straight forward and not hard.The part that took a few days was the background check. But after that everything else went smoothly. I mainly worked morning shifts and we only had two to three people working. That wasn't so bad but there were a few days when we had a ton of customers come in and only a few people able to assist.

Interview Questions

• Customer comes in and asks for a specific item. You show them to the item but find out that it is not in stock in our store. What do you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not at all.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

At my store, a person can walk in dressed decently, fill out the application on the computers in the store and speak directly with the store manager regarding any open positions. It seems to me that they will hire anybody that passes the background check. There is also no drug test required at store level.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of a job well done?   1 Answer