Office Depot Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.3

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encino, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Encino, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview wasn't what i had gone through before. It was more of a informal rather than an actual 1 on 1 which wasn't bad, though it felt more like the manager was trying to tell me about the store than who i am.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Manhattan Beach, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Saw a flyer on my college campus and applied online. Finished most of the application and decided to do the questionnaire later, but within and hour they called and asked me to finish so they could schedule an interview. I finished, but two weeks later I got an email saying the position was filled. One month later i got a call form the manager saying she enjoyed my application and would like to interview me because they're hiring again. Scheduled the interview for the day after she called. It went well, she was really sweet and made me feel comfortable. It lasted about 30 mins. After it was over she said i did really well, especially since it was my first interview ever. She called about 2 hrs after I left and said I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What personalities don't you get along with?   Answer Question
    • Do you like movies? What was the last movie you saw?   Answer Question
    • Do you like music? Who's your favorite artist?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with others to get something done in a short amount of time?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with an issue with someone and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question
    • What is your ideal work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Garden Grove, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview felt very informal. The Assistant Store Manager asked me a lot of questions regarding what I like to do and why I chose to apply for this position. She also asked me the difference between a laser and inkjet printer. Then we moved on to my interest in technology and such. It was very laid-back. I think they were in need of employees so anyone looking decent enough would get the job.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me this pencil (or any object they choose in the room)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Whittier, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in a small room with the co-manager. He was very nice and asked a lot of question in regards to how I would get along with the other employees. Also, talked about how to push the sales of insurances for products. The co-manager was very nice and asked few questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you are the new employee and the other employees were "hating on you"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was easy. I applied online & was called a couple days later to go into the store for an interview the next day. I was asked about my previous work experience & about 6 retail related questions. The manager was very nice & helpful. He said i would recieve a call within a week if i got the job and with more details.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to pay specific attention to detail   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Was given the run around for weeks and then more run around AFTER the interview. Had to do 3 follow up calls because the DM was too busy. Then another 2 weeks after I accepted the offer

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, was called in for an interview a couple days later, interview was with a department manager and after that one went well was called in a couple days after that to fill out paperwork with the store manage then a week later I was called in for my orientation and first day.

Interview Questions

• What was one example of where I was told to do something I didn't agree with?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (East Los Angeles, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went great and they asked typical questions that you should have been asked before if you've been applying for a job. He explained the dress code, and asked for my availibility and how many hours I'd like to work. He then made me fill out the background check paperwork and that was it and I'm expecting a call back!

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were supposed to lead a group. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

two interviews, they ask you what stuff you like and what's your schedule is like and want to know how you can sell a chair for them. They start to ask about what future goals you have in mind and how can Office Depot help you reach these goals in the future.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Norwalk, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Felt like process was just for show, already knew outcome. Basic questions on accountability. The panel was managers, district manager, district sales manager. Was conducted in a stock room and very open to the public. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• How would you hold your people accountable. What would set you apart from other managers.   Answer Question