Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple behavioral questions. The interview was very casual and not a lot of questions were asked. Come into the store in person, prepared and with a resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Basic interview. Seemed they were just hiring for seasonal employees. Seemed like manager was just bothered about the whole process and that it was taking up time he needed to complete his own work. Very easy, not too many questions. Just basic and going through basic steps.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I walked in and said I wanted a job, filled out a form online and I was hired. There was no drug test or back ground check. This is just extra stuff I need to write to be able to submit this review.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I started my online application and took a break during the online assessment. I received a call from the store telling me that they were doing interviews a few days later, so I should finish my application soon. They told me to call back after I finished, so I did. I was set up with an interview immediately.

I showed up at the store and was interviewed by two managers. They asked questions about my background in sales and motivations and strengths and weaknesses. We talked about expectations and I had to try and sell a desk accessory. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

I was called two days later for a second interview with another manager. This interview was very similar to the first and we went over availability and my roles if I'm chosen for the job. This interview lasted 20 minutes.

I was called two days later and told that as long as I passed the background check, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview about a week after I applied online. Very nice process, took about an hour to complete. I was interviewed first by the assistant manager, then the store manager. Both were extremely nice and asked me if I had any questions throughout the interview. Asked typical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Delray Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Delray Beach, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

When I arrived at 10am that morning, I was told to have a seat by Jason. After filling out the form , It was approximately 45minutes before he actually had the chance to Interview me while he was assisting a sweet Lil lady.
    I asked how much longe shall I leave my form or tell my ride to leave , Jason apologizes and said I'll be with you shortly. So I waited and He proceeded with the QA.

Interview Questions

• Jason asked how well is my patience? I stated I do have a High volume .
      Jason was as I see you waited patiently, Then he went on by asking me do I have former office skills? I let him know yes I do. I'm no Computer whiz but I've worked up to 9 programs one was AS400. Typing, Filing, photocopy, Printer, and MSword etc.
      1 Answer
    • Do I have office skills?   1 Answer
    • How well is my patience ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I'm going to give your application & resume to my manager so he can take a look at it.
    And we'll get back with you.

Anonymous Employee in Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Boca Raton, FL) in July 2016.

Interview

Apply online and after assessment, wait for call back during which an interview would be scheduled. After go to interview and sit down with hiring manager to talk about you and the company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy nice dude and really nice place to work. Interview took 30 minutes. Sad I didn't get the job but it is what it is. Defiantly good for people on high school for a first time job.But still it can get confusing for first time applies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online several times within the time-span of a few months. The company called my house phone, rather than my cell-phone (which I had requested specifically). The manager who was on the phone was friendly, and requested an interview which would take place within 5 days of the phone call at noon.

On the day of the interview, I arrived 5 minutes early to the store. I informed a recently hired employee that I was scheduled for an interview. The employee called the manager, but he was not there. Instead, I had to wait for about 15-20 minutes for a supervisor to come and get me. The interview took place in a fairly small room. Unlike the manager whom I spoke with over the phone, the supervisor was not very engaging, and didn't seem like he wanted to do this interview. Upon completion of the interview, he said I would hear back from the company within a few days. I did not hear back from them until 3 weeks had passed.