Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 30, 2017

1.9

93 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Called me about a week after I applied asking basic personality type questions. During the same phone call asked me to come in the next week for an in-person interview. The on-site interview was mostly behavioral and running through the resume.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MS

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Laurel, MS) in August 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy, they ask easy questions. They ask different question on how you would handle things for customers. The interview was very quick. They ask about your past job, and how you handled different situations

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple behavioral questions. The interview was very casual and not a lot of questions were asked. Come into the store in person, prepared and with a resume and cover letter.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Basic interview. Seemed they were just hiring for seasonal employees. Seemed like manager was just bothered about the whole process and that it was taking up time he needed to complete his own work. Very easy, not too many questions. Just basic and going through basic steps.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I walked in and said I wanted a job, filled out a form online and I was hired. There was no drug test or back ground check. This is just extra stuff I need to write to be able to submit this review.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called back in a week or so. Interview was fairly quick and questions were mostly oriented around past experience dealing with other people or difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in a team environment and how well did you perform with your team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Fayetteville, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

Once you complete the online application (there's a test) they invite you in for an interview that's relatively easy and you'll pretty much know before the interview is over whether or not you have the job.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you a question that goes something like "do you prefer to work with others or do things on your own?".   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

I started my online application and took a break during the online assessment. I received a call from the store telling me that they were doing interviews a few days later, so I should finish my application soon. They told me to call back after I finished, so I did. I was set up with an interview immediately.

I showed up at the store and was interviewed by two managers. They asked questions about my background in sales and motivations and strengths and weaknesses. We talked about expectations and I had to try and sell a desk accessory. The interview lasted about 45 minutes.

I was called two days later for a second interview with another manager. This interview was very similar to the first and we went over availability and my roles if I'm chosen for the job. This interview lasted 20 minutes.

I was called two days later and told that as long as I passed the background check, I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Office Depot (West Des Moines, IA) in August 2016.

Interview

I was emailed for an interview about a week after I applied online. Very nice process, took about an hour to complete. I was interviewed first by the assistant manager, then the store manager. Both were extremely nice and asked me if I had any questions throughout the interview. Asked typical questions.