Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called back in a week or so. Interview was fairly quick and questions were mostly oriented around past experience dealing with other people or difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you worked in a team environment and how well did you perform with your team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2016.

Interview

After waiting for a little, they brought me in for an interview with the manager. He was nice, and we talked about my experience with sales. He asked me to sell him some scissors from his desk.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy nice dude and really nice place to work. Interview took 30 minutes. Sad I didn't get the job but it is what it is. Defiantly good for people on high school for a first time job.But still it can get confusing for first time applies

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online several times within the time-span of a few months. The company called my house phone, rather than my cell-phone (which I had requested specifically). The manager who was on the phone was friendly, and requested an interview which would take place within 5 days of the phone call at noon.

On the day of the interview, I arrived 5 minutes early to the store. I informed a recently hired employee that I was scheduled for an interview. The employee called the manager, but he was not there. Instead, I had to wait for about 15-20 minutes for a supervisor to come and get me. The interview took place in a fairly small room. Unlike the manager whom I spoke with over the phone, the supervisor was not very engaging, and didn't seem like he wanted to do this interview. Upon completion of the interview, he said I would hear back from the company within a few days. I did not hear back from them until 3 weeks had passed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Victorville, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward, but be ready to answer lots of questions! Still, the manager was very friendly and not intimidating at all. He likes his interviews to be like a conversation rather than just the typical "question and answer" interviews. Some questions involved your future plans, he asks you things regarding your resume, he'll ask you to demonstrate you would sell a customer certain materials Office Depot carries, how you would handle a angry customer. But overall, not a bad interview at all.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you did special while in your last job? One thing you did that sticks out that your former boss would say you did specifically.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Whittier, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in a small room with the co-manager. He was very nice and asked a lot of question in regards to how I would get along with the other employees. Also, talked about how to push the sales of insurances for products. The co-manager was very nice and asked few questions regarding my resume.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where you are the new employee and the other employees were "hating on you"?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (Westminster, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

There are two interviews one with the assitant manger and one with the store manager. Both ask you question on previous job experience, why apply to office depot, then they test your sales abilities on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How well is your knowledge of tech?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and they called me about 2-3 weeks later to interview on the next day. Although I applied for the Sales Associate position for some reason they were interviewing me for a stocking position. It fit in my schedule because I am in college, so I went with it and didn't question it. The interview was super easy and laid back. The lady interviewing me was blunt but straight forward, she seemed to be in a hurry. She asked me three questions and told me she'd call me if I was the right candidate. It's only been a couple days, but I don't think I'll be getting the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Redlands, CA).

Interview

I went into the store and asked for an application. They let me use a computer to fill it out in the store. Unlike most places the employees were happy to see another person applying. I got a call about a week later and they asked me to come back to the store for an interview.

The interviewer was the manager but he wasn't the one in-charge of hiring. The second interview is when you speak to the person in charge of hiring. He was pretty cool guy. We blew through the questions and chatted a little bit. He was honest with me and told me he was happy with everything but the hiring manager was unlikely to take me because I had zero experience in selling. Which I saw coming. After that we talked about sushi and I asked him for advice on some other things like interviewing do's and don'ts. He really opened my eyes to somethings. Didn't get the job but it was a positive experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Filled out application and was called in for interview