Office Depot Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Store Manager Interview Questions

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview invitation from the talent manager. I was interviewed by the corporate recruiter based on information on my resume and online application. This went well enough to receive a second interview with a district manager for a local district of stores.

Interview Questions

• The second interview had predetermined behavior interview questions using the SAR method of judging leadership, conflict managment, financial and business analysis aptitude. One quest ask was how I would react if a key category of our sales had declined 40 percent, what decisions and actions would I make?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office Depot (New York, NY).

Interview

From start to finish, it took over a month. The online application process is standard. There's a personality assessment that takes forty-five minutes to complete. And between phone and face-to-face interviews, I spoke with seven people before an employment offer was made.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot.

Interview

Sent application, I then was called by recruiter to set up phone interview with her. I then had an interview with DM. After that I had an interview with RVP. Phone call from DM after with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Office Depot? What makes you stand out then the other applicants.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer price was reasonable for my situation.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot in September 2015.

Interview

the interview process took place over the phone initially with a screener. This was followed by an in person interview with the DM and then another interview with HR. There was a potential interview with LP or another DM too.

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Was approached by a recruiter who interviewed me. Then I was interviewed by the HR director for the district in which my store is in. After that, I was interviewed by the District Manager and then, in a conference call, I was introduced to the VP. Very Pleasant but stressful because of the level of people being interviewed by.

Interview Questions

• Experience managing a team? Able to relocate? Experience with Profit and loss statements? What possible habits you have that might hinder a team? How do you perform under stress, can you multi-task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially told what the salary was and I was moved on to the next phase. They didn't want to waste time with someone who didn't agree. Relocation, however, was extremely generous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Norwalk, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Felt like process was just for show, already knew outcome. Basic questions on accountability. The panel was managers, district manager, district sales manager. Was conducted in a stock room and very open to the public. Very strange.

Interview Questions

• How would you hold your people accountable. What would set you apart from other managers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 part interview first with the District Manager fallowed by a second interview with a hiring manager. Always research the company you are applying to and look up their core values and company direction and answer in line of those key focus areas.

Interview Questions

• Generic questions asked for any other management position at any other company   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Midland, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

3 separate phone interview with 3 different district managers and then 1 face to face with my district manager. Had to wait over 1 month before I had any chance to hear back on an answer and I was an internal employee applying

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2013.

Interview

There is a phone screen from regional recruiter, phone interview from corporate HR, and one on one with DSM, and offer from Regional recruiter. The questions were about sales culture, driving service selling, solution selling, etc

Interview Questions

• Accountability for leadership   1 Answer

Negotiation

Salary range- they come in with your lowest dollar. So ask for what you want.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2013.

Interview

1. Online application. 2. Phone interview. 3. Personal interview with DM. At this interview I was asked multiple questions about my sales experience, logistics, PnL, goal setting, running a staff of 25+ employees, satisfying customers and requesting them to take surveys, store sets, inventory, human resource issues with employees, and more.

Interview Questions

• How do you fulfill customer satisfaction?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was told a base salary which was in my range.