Office Depot Technology Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office Depot Technology Sales Specialist Interview Questions

2.0

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Lafayette, LA).

Interview

Simple single meeting to determine merit, past and present. Nothing too complicated of note that i recall having been asked. Interview was a sheer determinant of fit for a simple job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any prior technical experience with computers and or networking?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Office Depot

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Office Depot (Windsor, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Called me at 6 pm and scheduled an interview at 1pm the next day very polite and related my experiance in the work force to the position talked for about 20 mins then did background check

Interview Questions

• what technology information do you know   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Huntsville, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview was not very formal. The person doing the interview was the assistant manager and was very kind and polite. He did not seem intimidating at all. It was very clear the interview process is mostly taken care of by corporate because he was reading from a list of questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a tough customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palmdale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office Depot (Palmdale, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I walked into the store, talked to the Manager on duty about a job, and he said they were looking for a tech. Lucky for me I was one of those nerdy techs. So he gave me an interview on the spot, liked what I had, and sent me to the store manager for an interview. Within 15 more minutes I was told to fill out an application, and that the job was mine. Fastest interview/ job gain ever.

Interview Questions

• They asked me multiple questions on fixing computers not only with hardware but software problems as well.   1 Answer

Technology Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot in September 2011.

Interview

I had 2 individual interviews. Both were 1 on 1. The first interview was with the assistant store manager and the second interview was with a department manager. After the interview, I had to do some questionaires on the computer which I believe was a personality test. Overall, I had a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you do operation re-installation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Office Depot (Charlotte, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Called roughly a week after applying online. 1:1 interview with store manager then if he approves you take a few online tests consisting of questions designed to test your knowledge of the field you will be working in.

If you pass the tests (70% or higher) then you will have an interview with the district manager who asks you about your experience and tries to get to know you.

If the district manager ok's you then you are subject to a background check and drug test. If both of those come back clean then you have a final meeting with the store manager and discuss specifics including pay, hours, store policies, etc.

Interview Questions

• "We are not BestBuy, we stick with our customers and make no commission on computer sales. Do you think you will be able to identify customer's needs and find them the best product and service for them?"   Answer Question
    • "How would you describe yourself in one word?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office Depot (Corpus Christi, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Was asked about my technology experiment and customer service. It helps if you know little bit of every thing from tech to office supplies. Must be independent, problem solver, have to wear business hat and customer hat, Have a A + attitude.