Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.1

114 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (San Francisco, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

No interview yet, just finished the 2 parts test last week.
I just want to start up a new thread for this application round (Oct 2017) for everyone to share their experience, comments and concerns.

If you are in the run for this hiring cycle or had experience or just interested, please leave a comment so we can help each other out.

The 1st interview (phone screening) should start sometime next week (based on the past thread) and I wish everyone good luck!

Interview Questions

• Name a time your need to deal with ethical dilemma.   406 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Pittsburg, KS) in November 2017.

Interview

Started with two tests that had to be passed to be considered. The first was multiple choice and covered basic finance and accounting principals. Know how to do the TVM calculation manually because you are not allowed a financial calculator. The written portion I thought was pretty basic, you just get a packet of information and you just have to summarize it, no technical knowledge required.

If you pass you then set up a phone interview that was very basic and I feel really just served to inform you of all the travel requirements. I do feel that asking questions was important in this interview as they are trying to determine your interest level.

A couple days later you should be informed if you will be invited to the Career Exploration day. Mine was in Denver, CO and I am from SE Kansas so I flew out the night before and stayed in a hotel, but a lot of the other interviewees fly in and out on the same day. The interview started around 12:00 pm and only consisted of one panel interview that lasted about 1 hr. It was all behavioral type questions and I really don’t think they are trying to see if you have much background knowledge of the subject, but they are trying to see what kind of person you are. The only question that I found difficult was they asked to give an example of an ethical dilemma. They also seemed to put a premium on team work examples. Other than the interview you just pretty much sit and listen to presentations about the position and converse with other bank

I had the interview on a Wednesday and was informed that I had the job on that Friday, so there was very quick turnaround.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled an ethical dilemma.   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

Two part test - Multiple Choice & Written; Phone interview - Basic behavioral questions; In person panel interview at Career Exploration Day - Extended behavioral questions, informative presentation, & fingerprinting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Syracuse, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Must take a test. First portion is 90 minutes multiple choice about basic accounting, bank balance sheets, what the OCC actually does, etc. Then there's a 2 hour written portion where you're supposed to summarize the info in a packet.

I passed the first portion effortlessly and thought the written portion was easy, but I failed it. I wouldn't change a thing if I had to retake it. Maybe the office already had someone in mind... maybe whoever read it was having a bad day... maybe I just suck at summarizing.

Interview Questions

• Biggest liability on a depository institution's balance sheet?   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Columbus, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted the application and got invited to take the exams. Passed the multiple choice knowledge part without an issue. I thought I did everything that was asked for the written portion, but found out the next day that I didn't pass. I thought my essay was clear and concise and summarized the information accurately. I have no idea what they wanted. It makes me question my writing skills.

Interview Questions

• Examine the documents and summarize the facts associated with a loan.   2 Answers

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in October 2017.

Interview

Submit resume online and answer an online questionnaire. You will then be asked to schedule two tests that you must take on the same day at an approved testing center. The first is a general finance and accounting test. The second is a written communication skills test. If you pass both of the test you may be considered for a phone interview, and then possibly an in person interview at one of their offices. I passed both tests and still waiting to hear if I advanced.

Interview Questions

• Skills test over basic finance and accounting knowledge, and written communication skills test   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in October 2017.

Interview

Applied, passed the knowledge and written portions of the assessment, and had the phone interview today. The interviewer was s nice and polite lady who made me feel comfortable during the process. The questions (with the exception of travel willingness -based questions) were all behavioral. They were quite straightforward and addressed topics like teamwork in groups, responses to change, and willingness to take on work not explicitly assigned to you. Unsure if I passed, but will hear in a couple weeks. The questions I'm giving are slightly paraphrased as I don't recall the exact wording.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had a difficult group. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when there was a change made in your work or school. How did you adjust?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when you faced a complex problem. How did you approach a solution?   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

All behavioral questions. My interviewers were pretty laid-back, sometimes asked me to expand on answers. Hardest part was thinking of different types of examples for each question. Try to apply the questions to a workplace or classroom situation. Ask a lot of questions.

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

First you have to take an exam at a test center. The first part is very basic accounting knowledge (financial statements, calc cash flow, calc current assets.. etc). The written portion is just reading through a few documents and summarizing what they say which is also easy.

Then after everyone has taken the test you get the opportunity for a phone interview which is very behavioral question based but also not terrible.

If you pass the screening you get the opportunity to fly to wherever your district is headquartered to learn and ask more questions about the interview and also interview with 2 people. The interview here is very similar to the phone interview (behavioral).

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

The multiple choice test was mostly accounting, the loan portion was harder because of the time, just make sure you include all the info they give you. Phone interview was pretty straightforward, make sure you have some good questions to ask them. Same thing with the in person interview, all behavioral questions, ask some things at the end that show that you're interested in the position. Interviewed last weel, waiting to see if i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized in the workplace, name a time you had to deal out some criticism.   4 Answers