Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 16, 2017

3.1

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

First you have to take an exam at a test center. The first part is very basic accounting knowledge (financial statements, calc cash flow, calc current assets.. etc). The written portion is just reading through a few documents and summarizing what they say which is also easy.

Then after everyone has taken the test you get the opportunity for a phone interview which is very behavioral question based but also not terrible.

If you pass the screening you get the opportunity to fly to wherever your district is headquartered to learn and ask more questions about the interview and also interview with 2 people. The interview here is very similar to the phone interview (behavioral).

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

The multiple choice test was mostly accounting, the loan portion was harder because of the time, just make sure you include all the info they give you. Phone interview was pretty straightforward, make sure you have some good questions to ask them. Same thing with the in person interview, all behavioral questions, ask some things at the end that show that you're interested in the position. Interviewed last weel, waiting to see if i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized in the workplace, name a time you had to deal out some criticism.   4 Answers

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a multiple choice, accounting-based test. Knowing the difference between a bank balance sheet and a regular balance sheet made a huge difference! If you pass part one, you will start the loan review, which is easier than it looks. They are basically checking to see if you can make coherent sentences and organize information. If you passed that AND made the minimum requirements, you were offered a phone interview that focused on behavior questions, much like the inter person interview. I am currently waiting to see if I have an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Stage one is a two part test, financial and writing. Study even if you think you don't need to, there's a 50% passing rate. About a week later you get a phone interview that is all behavioral questions. For example, "Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group". If that goes well, then almost 2 weeks after the phone interview you will be contacted (if you pass) to go to Career Exploration Day. The process is extremely quick, which is nice. At CED you'll learn more about the position and then go into your interview. The day lasts about 4 hours and then you're left anxiously waiting to see if you got the job! I was offered my position exactly one week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you have been told you were doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

You apply online, and schedule to take 2 exams. One is written and one is basic accounting. If you pass, they will contact you to schedule and phone screening interview.

Application

Interview

I'm currently in the process of heading over for the final round of the interview. However I have applied for the New York City office, but for occ career exploration date I was appointed to the OCC's headquarters in Washington D.C.

Did anyone else ran into this problem or have any knowledge on my situation? Please leave a feedback on the answer of the interview question I posted below so I can communicate with you. Thank you!

Interview Questions

• How come the headquarter for OCC's career exploration date is different than the place I have initially applied to work full time?   594 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to take a two part exam. The first part tests your knowledge. If you pass the first part, the second part becomes available and tests your writings skills. After passing that, I was scheduled for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I went to career exploration day, where they had some seminars and I was interviewed by two people at once.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any issues working with someone of a different background?   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

You apply online and then based on your application they let you know if you are qualified for the next portion of the application. You are required to take a knowledge based test and if you pass that, then a written essay. If you pass both of these, then you have a phone interview. If you pass that, then you are invited to a career exploration day at one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you worked with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on school job board. A couple days later scheduled a date to take their qualification exam. The exam was comprised mainly of accounting concepts for the multiple choice section. It also had a writing section where your main purpose is to concisely summarize an outstanding loan to your superiors.

After passing the exam (both MC and written), a phone interview was scheduled approximately 2 weeks later. The questions asked were your typical behavioral questions. If you do well on the phone screening, you get invited to the OCC career exploration day.

At the career exploration day, you go through presentations of what it is like to work for the OCC; ask questions, and what not. Then you have a final panel interview, which had similar questions to the phone screening.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an email to schedule an exam, passed the exam, passed the written portion, received a call to schedule a phone screening interview, called a couple hours later to ask if I would accept a final interview. They flew me out to the location and there was a panel of employees who went over the job description and then had an interview with the deputy of my location I applied for.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to do research?   1 Answer