Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Entry Level Bank Examiner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Entry Level Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

Applied online in late January and received an email that same day asking me to schedule a time to take the knowledge and written test. A couple weeks later I took the tests. Not hard, but not easy either. Passed both sections and had a phone interview a week later. Just got word yesterday that I passed the phone interview and will be going to Career Exploration Day in Dallas on April 4th.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the OCC?   Answer Question
  • Name a time when you had a lot of responsibilities, and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

Apply Online- Phone interview. You get invited to Career Exploration Day if you pass phone screening.
    Career Exploration Day consisted of: panel interview, accounting test and writing test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Chicago, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Had 2 interviews. Applied through my school's website. The first one was with an associate who basically asked basic behavioral questions. It went really well. After a few weeks about 1 month, I was offered a 2nd interview. The 2nd interview lasted all day. This was the big one. Took 2 tests. Accounting one was easy for me as I am an accounting major- a lot of the focus was on banking. The written portion was a little tricky. I thought I did well. I wish there was more time. They give you tons of documents and you have to write a memo. My recommendation would be to keep it short and simple. Give them the facts! Later on I had my actual interview with 2 people. It was bad! The lady that was interviewing me really dug deep into every answer I gave. Again, my advice would be to keep short and simple and precise. Pretend like you LOVE the idea of being a bank examiner and you want to do the right thing.

Entry-Level Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (McAllen, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

It was a phone interview with a recruiter who asked very basic questions about personal ambitions and accomplishments. She tried to gauge my strengths and weaknesses. She was very nice

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Denver, CO) in April 2012.

Interview

It was a three part process that consisted of multiple choice exam, a written exam, and two-panel interview. It lasted 6 hours. The interview took about 45 minutes. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Wichita, KS) in February 2012.

Interview

Interview was held in my University Career Services area. It was a 1:1 interview with someone out of our local field office. Was all behavior based questions to be answered in STAR format. She would ask the question and when I answered the questions she would write down everything I had said. It was very informative and overall positive. From the sounds of it, I won't hear anything till March. Then if selected the second interviews will be held in April and the position starts in June. Very long process for this position. Sounds very rewarding but also very challenging with all the travel required.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult group member?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you took the initiative in a role where you were not the team leader?   Answer Question
    • Tell me what you like about banks and financial institutions?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you would do well working for the OCC?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2010.

Interview

The process begins with a phone interview which consists of multiple behavioral questions. If you pass, you will be flown to the OCC's regional headquarters for their "career week", where the OCC pays all expenses for a full day of interviewing and testing. Great career opportunity but very competitive.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made an ethical decision.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a difficult project. What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Bank Examiner Entry Level Interview

Interview

phone call basic behavior questions
    career exploration day includes 2 hour written test, 75 multi choice questions, and interview with two people. The test is more finance oriented not acct/econ. Know ratios, working capital, ect. be ready to add different parts of a balance sheet and income statement together to arrive at CA, LTA, CL, Equity, debt, ect

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you had to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.   Answer Question

Entry-Level Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

The first step was a phone interview which lasted about a half hour. Then, about a month later, I was contacted to come in for Career Exploration Day in their New York City office.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question

Entry Level Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

-Submit application documents online by email or fax
    -If you qualify, they schedule a phone interview (mine was about an hour)
    -They said they'll contact me whether i passed or not to the next round after 6 weeks
    -After phone interview, there are additional interviews as well as a information seminar
    -I know there is an accounting test as well

Interview Questions

• All interview questions are behavioral except for the normal questions talking about relocation etc. I think they asked about 5 behavioral questions talking about group projects, problems with group members, and when I've had to go above and beyond what was normally expected.

Since the interviewer isn't the evaluator, there is a specific format to answer the questions which he/she will say and will repeat during interview to keep you on track.   Answer Question