Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

All behavioral questions. My interviewers were pretty laid-back, sometimes asked me to expand on answers. Hardest part was thinking of different types of examples for each question. Try to apply the questions to a workplace or classroom situation. Ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Interview

First you have to take an exam at a test center. The first part is very basic accounting knowledge (financial statements, calc cash flow, calc current assets.. etc). The written portion is just reading through a few documents and summarizing what they say which is also easy.

Then after everyone has taken the test you get the opportunity for a phone interview which is very behavioral question based but also not terrible.

If you pass the screening you get the opportunity to fly to wherever your district is headquartered to learn and ask more questions about the interview and also interview with 2 people. The interview here is very similar to the phone interview (behavioral).

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

The multiple choice test was mostly accounting, the loan portion was harder because of the time, just make sure you include all the info they give you. Phone interview was pretty straightforward, make sure you have some good questions to ask them. Same thing with the in person interview, all behavioral questions, ask some things at the end that show that you're interested in the position. Interviewed last weel, waiting to see if i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized in the workplace, name a time you had to deal out some criticism.   4 Answers

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a multiple choice, accounting-based test. Knowing the difference between a bank balance sheet and a regular balance sheet made a huge difference! If you pass part one, you will start the loan review, which is easier than it looks. They are basically checking to see if you can make coherent sentences and organize information. If you passed that AND made the minimum requirements, you were offered a phone interview that focused on behavior questions, much like the inter person interview. I am currently waiting to see if I have an offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Stage one is a two part test, financial and writing. Study even if you think you don't need to, there's a 50% passing rate. About a week later you get a phone interview that is all behavioral questions. For example, "Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group". If that goes well, then almost 2 weeks after the phone interview you will be contacted (if you pass) to go to Career Exploration Day. The process is extremely quick, which is nice. At CED you'll learn more about the position and then go into your interview. The day lasts about 4 hours and then you're left anxiously waiting to see if you got the job! I was offered my position exactly one week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you have been told you were doing something wrong?   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

You apply online, and schedule to take 2 exams. One is written and one is basic accounting. If you pass, they will contact you to schedule and phone screening interview.

Assistant Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in March 2017.

Interview

I heard about them at the career fair. Signed up two days before the final day. Got accepted to take the test the on the final day. Set up to take the two test 4 days later. Took about 4 hours to complete the tests. Waited about 3 days to receive email that I passed the test. That was Feb 25th. Said I would be contacted by March 20th. It is March 15th and still waiting.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle conflict at work.   21 Answers

ANBE Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in March 2017.

Interview

After passing the written and finance test I was given a phone interview. It was basic behavioral questions. I was invited to go to the career exploration day and I'm still waiting for that date to come.

Pathways Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview was a panel of three people who were average workers. Two of them were not related to the position I was applying for other than the fact that they also worked in financial management. Everyone was very nice which can sometimes make you relax too much. Keep it professional and wear a suit.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

I'm currently in the process of heading over for the final round of the interview. However I have applied for the New York City office, but for occ career exploration date I was appointed to the OCC's headquarters in Washington D.C.

Did anyone else ran into this problem or have any knowledge on my situation? Please leave a feedback on the answer of the interview question I posted below so I can communicate with you. Thank you!

Interview Questions

• How come the headquarter for OCC's career exploration date is different than the place I have initially applied to work full time?   761 Answers