KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 208 of over 208 interviews

Recruiter2%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Interview

As described. Typical interview type questions. Know the typical interview questions: tell us about yourself, describe a difficult situation you have had to go to. I encourage you to ask them questions, perticularily about the traveling.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation you went through?
    1 Answer

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in Nov 2021

Interview

It was a long process with multiple steps. But the hiring managers were extremely communicative and kept everyone in the loop. Since it's been a while, I no longer remember any of the questions. Just be prepared, study up about what the OCC does.

Interview Questions
  • I don't really remember it, but I do recall being asked about what the OCC does.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in Oct 2021

Interview

First you take assessments that test your financial/accounting knowledge, business communicational skills, and problem solving, analytical skills. The next step is a 30 minute phone/web camera screening interview with two managers. Followed by an invitation to a final interview if chosen.

Interview Questions
  • They ask questions based on how you would handle situations that would come up in a typical overall work environment.

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Application

I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Interview

Staring a thread for ANBE Spring 2021 Applicants because the latest thread is from Spring 2020. Offers are supposed to go out this Monday (4/12) but my last interview said everyone can expect to hear back by the end of April. Good luck everyone!

Interview Questions
  • What locations did you apply for? Did anyone get their credit checked already?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Los Angeles, CA) in Mar 2021

Interview

The interview process consisted of two tests, one based on writing and one multiple choice based on technical skills. Passing both of those, you get a 45 minute screening interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in Dec 2020

Interview

The interview was conducted using Zoom due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A panel of interviewers were on the call. They took turns asking questions that were prepared ahead of the interview. The interview was formal and professional.

Interview Questions
  • Questions ranged from defining industry terms/procedures to explain how you have handled a difficult situation.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Normal, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Normal, IL) in Nov 2020

Interview

You start by taking an in-person knowledge test which is simple and straightforward. Mainly basic financial accounting principles, along with a logic-based test and essay. The rest of the process was virtual. Interview is extremely structured, and there are a total of 10 questions (plus the introductory "tell me about yourself". My two interviewers read the entire interview directly from a sheet of paper, and while one of the interviewers was remotely personable, the other interviewer had the personality of a wall. No questions are difficult, and everything in the interview is also straightforward. However, this will feel like an interrogation, not an interview. If you ask any questions throughout the “interview”, you will be met with a snarky attitude. Surprisingly, I did get a smile at the end though!

Interview Questions
  • Q: What would you do if you had already committed to helping a colleague with an important assignment, but your supervisor approached you with a project that would not allow you to have the time to continue helping your colleague. (Be expected to be asked why you said what you did) Q: Tell us about a time where you were responsible for completing a project which involved utilizing software in which you had no experience. How did you approach this, and what was the outcome? Q: Name a time when you implemented recently discovered knowledge in a new way, outside of the original use when you first gained this knowledge? What was the outcome? Q: What would you do if, while researching a new topic, you found conflicting information? Q: If you were assigned work you are unfamiliar with, how would you approach it? How would you know when you found enough information to confidently proceed?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Denver, CO) in Nov 2020

Interview

I applied online, the entire process took about 2 months. The process is as described in the job listing; I submitted my application in early October, then I received an invitation to schedule an appointment to take the 3 part examination. After passing the exam, I received information to attend a webinar a couple of weeks later, and an interview date as well. My interview was November 17th, and on November 27th I received a call for a job offer. The 3 part examination consisted of basic finance/accounting concepts and calculations. I recommend to truly practice and prepare for this one, as it is timed; research the possible questions that will be included, to be prepared on what to expect and it will be easy. You must pass this one to go on with the second part, which is a short essay question. You want to prove that you know how to structure an essay with correct grammar and spelling. My question was to describe why I was a good fit for the job, or why should they hire me. I provided 3 reasons in my intro, and backed them up in my short body paragraphs, then concluded my essay. The 3rd and final part of the examination was about analytical reasoning questions, this one is easy but at the same time difficult if you overthink them, especially though the end.

Interview Questions
  • All the questions that were included in my interview, are already mentioned by other reviews in here. I recommend to read them all to know what to expect, some are repeated in different words. You will want to think of your educational and work experience, things you've went through, to prepare these stories in order to answer the questions in a concise manner while proving your point. For example, some of the questions are meant to see if you know how to conduct research, you want to prove that when a conflict shows up, your world/mind doesn't close. That you search for solutions, that you're positive minded while being ethical of course; therefore, think of what you've done in the past to prove this, the decisions that you have taken, to be prepared to talk about those stories depending on the questions asked. The interview could be really difficult if you do not prepare for it, but it will be somehow easier if you do. Good Luck!
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

pre screening, written exam, virtual career exploration day(go through a PowerPoint to learn more about the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency and the position) , and then behavior and hypothetical questions in virtual interview. Two people interview you at once.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in Nov 2020

Interview

Online application, In-Person Exam(~5 hours), hour long interview on zoom. The zoom interview had 2 interviewers and they asked standard behavioral questions. The interview was recorded and both interviewers were helpful and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 208 Interviews

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency as 78.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 3.08 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Bank Examiner and Assistant National Bank Examiner rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Associate National Bank Examiner and Entry Level Bank Examiner roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency takes an average of 49 days when considering 266 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Bank Examiner had the quickest hiring process (on average 47 days), whereas Associate National Bank Examiner roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 75 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency according to 266 Glassdoor interviews include:

Group Panel Interview: 20.98%