Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions

Interviews at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

3.1

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a recruitment presentation at my school. I applied through USAJOBS. Then I took the qualifying tests. The first was an accounting knowledge test which was pretty basic. If you have taken courses in accounting and review your accounting concepts, it shouldn't be difficult. The second part was a writing section. I was given a number of documents concerning a loan and was asked to write a report about the situation. The most difficult part about the writing section is that you only have two hours to read and understand the information. I will be doing a phone interview soon, and hopefully they will ask me to meet for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced (I haven't interviewed yet, this is one I read from another review)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

You apply online and then based on your application they let you know if you are qualified for the next portion of the application. You are required to take a knowledge based test and if you pass that, then a written essay. If you pass both of these, then you have a phone interview. If you pass that, then you are invited to a career exploration day at one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you worked with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Dallas, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied on USAjobs.gov. A few weeks later I had a phone interview/information conversation for about 45 minutes. The questions were all behavioral questions based on previous employment or school experiences. A few weeks later, I had to set up a time to take a 4 hour test, 2 hours for a multiple choice test mainly on intermediate accounting questions, then a 2 hour written test. After passing the test, I was asked to travel to the district office for Career Exploration Day where I had a face to face interview with about 3 field office managers (ADC's) answering similar behavioral questions like the phone interview. We also received additional information on the pay, benefits, travel expectations, and general examination process. Received a call from HR to let me know I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with change at a job or school and how did you overcome the challenge?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No offer negotiation, entry level.

Application

Interview

I'm currently in the process of heading over for the final round of the interview. However I have applied for the New York City office, but for occ career exploration date I was appointed to the OCC's headquarters in Washington D.C.

Did anyone else ran into this problem or have any knowledge on my situation? Please leave a feedback on the answer of the interview question I posted below so I can communicate with you. Thank you!

Interview Questions

• How come the headquarter for OCC's career exploration date is different than the place I have initially applied to work full time?   764 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Apply on USAJOBS
    2. Take Written and Accounting Test
    3. If you pass the tests, then you have a phone interview.
    4. If you pass phone interview, you go to an on-site in person panel interview.
    5. After interview you are notified if you got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online one day before application was close. I received and email scheduling a test after two days. After I pass the test, I was contacted for a phone interview about a week later. Waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Described a difficult situation that you were in, and how did you resolve it ?   1 Answer

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

You apply online, and schedule to take 2 exams. One is written and one is basic accounting. If you pass, they will contact you to schedule and phone screening interview.

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Interview

The multiple choice test was mostly accounting, the loan portion was harder because of the time, just make sure you include all the info they give you. Phone interview was pretty straightforward, make sure you have some good questions to ask them. Same thing with the in person interview, all behavioral questions, ask some things at the end that show that you're interested in the position. Interviewed last weel, waiting to see if i got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were criticized in the workplace, name a time you had to deal out some criticism.   4 Answers

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in April 2017.

Interview

It began with a multiple choice, accounting-based test. Knowing the difference between a bank balance sheet and a regular balance sheet made a huge difference! If you pass part one, you will start the loan review, which is easier than it looks. They are basically checking to see if you can make coherent sentences and organize information. If you passed that AND made the minimum requirements, you were offered a phone interview that focused on behavior questions, much like the inter person interview. I am currently waiting to see if I have an offer.