Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online to take a two part exam. The first part tests your knowledge. If you pass the first part, the second part becomes available and tests your writings skills. After passing that, I was scheduled for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I went to career exploration day, where they had some seminars and I was interviewed by two people at once.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had any issues working with someone of a different background?   Answer Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency.

Interview

You apply online and then based on your application they let you know if you are qualified for the next portion of the application. You are required to take a knowledge based test and if you pass that, then a written essay. If you pass both of these, then you have a phone interview. If you pass that, then you are invited to a career exploration day at one of their offices.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you worked with a difficult person.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied on school job board. A couple days later scheduled a date to take their qualification exam. The exam was comprised mainly of accounting concepts for the multiple choice section. It also had a writing section where your main purpose is to concisely summarize an outstanding loan to your superiors.

After passing the exam (both MC and written), a phone interview was scheduled approximately 2 weeks later. The questions asked were your typical behavioral questions. If you do well on the phone screening, you get invited to the OCC career exploration day.

At the career exploration day, you go through presentations of what it is like to work for the OCC; ask questions, and what not. Then you have a final panel interview, which had similar questions to the phone screening.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied, got an email to schedule an exam, passed the exam, passed the written portion, received a call to schedule a phone screening interview, called a couple hours later to ask if I would accept a final interview. They flew me out to the location and there was a panel of employees who went over the job description and then had an interview with the deputy of my location I applied for.

Interview Questions

• When have you had to do research?   1 Answer

Bank Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (Washington, DC) in November 2016.

Interview

You submit your application, take a test, then they schedule a phone interview, and if they like you, you are scheduled for an in office interview. The entire process took several months from the time I applied to the time I got my rejection from them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online one day before application was close. I received and email scheduling a test after two days. After I pass the test, I was contacted for a phone interview about a week later. Waiting for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Described a difficult situation that you were in, and how did you resolve it ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

1. Apply on USAJOBS
    2. Take Written and Accounting Test
    3. If you pass the tests, then you have a phone interview.
    4. If you pass phone interview, you go to an on-site in person panel interview.
    5. After interview you are notified if you got the job or not.

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency in October 2016.

Interview

I went to a recruitment presentation at my school. I applied through USAJOBS. Then I took the qualifying tests. The first was an accounting knowledge test which was pretty basic. If you have taken courses in accounting and review your accounting concepts, it shouldn't be difficult. The second part was a writing section. I was given a number of documents concerning a loan and was asked to write a report about the situation. The most difficult part about the writing section is that you only have two hours to read and understand the information. I will be doing a phone interview soon, and hopefully they will ask me to meet for the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ethical dilemma you have faced (I haven't interviewed yet, this is one I read from another review)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Application

Interview

After passing a test on writing skills and basic accounting principals they set up a phone interview. Interview was almost entirely scripted and behavioral questions. After that interview I was invited to Career Exploration Day at one of their regional offices where they tell you a lot more about the company, you meet current examiners and have a final panel interview.

Interview Questions

See What Office of the Comptroller of the Currency Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current National Bank Examiner in New York, NY

Pros: “Leadership opportunities, competitive pay, professional atmosphere, supportive, collaborative environment”“Leadership opportunities, competitive pay, professional atmosphere, supportive, collaborative environment” – Full Review