OfficeMax Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.2

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview. I talked to the store manager and department manager on the same day, so don't expect multiple interviews. The process was not intimidating and if you land an interview while the store is actively hiring then you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, but expect to be asked about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The Customer Sales Manager called me in two days after I applied online. Very informal, due to the fact that most prospects are under 20. Personally, I wore a suit, but most applicants could get away with khakis and a dress shirt. We had a 30 Minute conversation about the position and my qualifications pertaining to that position. He then gave me a formal offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• If a customer comes in to the store wanting to return a product they had bought thirty-one days prior, and our company policy on returns is thirty days, how would you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Newnan, GA).

Interview

Filled out an application online..Got called in for an interview a few days later. Interviewed by the general manager. The manager asked basic customer service type questions about what i would do in certain situations and questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and how would you deal with an angry customer who had a problem   1 Answer

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Very short and straight to the point. I don't like interview that takes about too long. Most companies you have to do background checked and drug test. They usually give you back a called or email to let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• I don't really remember the questions. If there were questions is the average question. What can you bring in? What position are you apply? When can you started?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in July 2013.

Interview

It was a rushed process. They were very desperate and were looking for warm bodies. It was suppose to be two interviews that was condensed into one. After the interview I completed a personality test then a drug test. Waited to weeks for the back ground test. Then I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How do you plan to sell our many services available to our customers.   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application online after viewing the position on indeed.com. Submitted an excellent cover letter that attracted the hiring managers attention. About a week later I received a phone call and was asked a few questions such as my previous employment and why I want to work for officemax. They were very simple questions. Next I scheduled an interview that week and did a one on one sit down with the manager she asked about 20 questions nothing hard. Sell me something in the room? Tell me about a time you had to trust an employee? The interview process was fast and fairly simple. She said she had to interview some more ppl and she would get back to me. About two weeks later I was offered a position and asked to come in and do a drug test and background check. I was a little confused because usually a job will do all of that before offering you a position. But everything checked out and I got the job. Seriously study up on technology and specs because you will need this knowledge for this job. Be yourself and professionalism is a must.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's minimum wage non negotiable unless you have more experience

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Traditional hiring process. Interviewing has changed some based on the position. About 4 interviews for the Store Manager position including a group interview. It is a long process and there doesn't seem to be any sense of urgency.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to out of the ordinary. Be ready to back your statements up with numbers. This is a number driven company. Be prepared to speak to selling strategies and best practices.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Canton, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

It was quick and fairly easy. The manager was nice and everyone seemed pretty nice. They ask you to pick a item and try to sell it to them. Piece of cake for me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No. They offered 7.25 and blamed it on the economy, lol, I accepted but I will be looking for a better paying job asap. Beats the unemployment line

B2B Outside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Atlanta, GA) in February 2010.

Interview

The position I applied for consisted of 3 telephone interviews. (recruiter, HR Rep, Hiring Manager). I was then asked to attend a company paid interview in Chicago. First with the Hiring Manager and then with the Division VP of Sales. I was very confident after the 3 telephone interviews that I was the ideal candidate. I was even more confident after interviewing with the hiring manager. The Division VP interview seemed to go well, but felt that there was a bias issue that stood between us. After the Interview process, the Hiring Manager, came back in the room with a completely dejected look on his face and sound in his voice to let me know that I would hear back from them within a week. It was obvious that the hiring manager had been shot down but couldn't respond. The next week, I heard back from HR that I had decided to take a different direction.

Interview Questions

• Did I have Fortune 500 C-Level experience?   1 Answer