OfficeMax Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Cashier Interview Questions

2.1

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Petoskey, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Petoskey, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and professional. The store manager reviewed my experience and past work history. He informed me of store operations and company policy. I was ask various questions in reference to my goals as an employee would be. I had a tour of the store and was introduced to the staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I wanted as a starting wage.

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was called to schedule an interview shortly after (I was referred by a current employee). The interview was informal and mostly focused on previous leadership, service, and scholastic experience. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted, and started within a week.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this phone (the phone plugged into the wall in the office).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Katy, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Well I was called in for an interview for a cashier position and it seemed to go pretty well, they asked the basic interview questions such as "What are good/bad qualities of yourself?" "What's your work experience etc.." I think it might have been my fault because I came off more friendly rather than professional. I called the store because they said the would call between Thursday and Saturday and told me that they were going to pursue other applicants because I didn't make the cut. I find that they should at least send an email or phone call.

Interview Questions

• "What is one thing you're bad at?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (South Bend, IN) in December 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. I would have expected it to be exactly what it was. OfficeMax does not innovate with the hiring process like an Apple or Whole Foods might.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this pen. (holds up the pen)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portage, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Portage, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

I got a call two weeks later after applying and get an interview about something I didn't apply to. Advice wear black or brown dress shoes or loafers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with someone you didn't like and how did you handled it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2012.

Interview

When I was hired in my friend worked there already and had talked to the store manager so I already kind of knew I was getting the job. It was a really easy interview and it was just basic questions about yourself and work ethic. When you go in wear something nice and look professional.

Interview Questions

• One of the last questions they ask you is to pick something in the room and sell it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Aurora, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

It was very simple. Went in with a positive attitude with a drive for success. Got an offer on the spot

Anonymous Employee in Statesboro, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Statesboro, GA) in July 2012.

Interview

It was pretty laid back. I had my interview with Chad, he no longer works there. It was pretty standard with the questions. Most of them you can google and it easily show up. I really don't remember much about the actual interview packet. But the manager was really nice about my not having much experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to use problem solving skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Denver, CO) in November 2011.

Interview

I had to call every few days for a month to see when I was starting. they said i was already hired, but made absolutely no effort to start me out. I had one interview, came in for the 2nd one and the interviewer wasn't there. waste of my gas

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The pay they were offering was five cents more than i was already making... eh, why not?

Anonymous Employee in Rib Mountain, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Rib Mountain, WI) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process was quite easy. After filling out an application you sit down with one of the store managers and go through the interview process. They really just want to find out about you and your competency level to be able to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• They really didn't ask any difficult or unexpected questions as far as I was concerned.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was only a part time position so it was mostly working out hours.