OfficeMax Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.3

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and centered around giving good customer service. They were straight forward and not anything you wouldn't expect from a entry level position.The interviewer will write notes as you talk about your experience with customer service. This will most likely be the first part of the interview, as the second will be scheduled at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you give good customer service/
      Tell me a time where you gave/received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Crystal Lake, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First Interview was pretty casual, sort of a get to know each other type deal. I imagine it was to see if I was a good fit.

Second interview was more intensive, reviewed my resume and asked more personal questions related to the job as well as a few on the spot tests to see how my experience stacked up to their processes.

Interview Questions

• Desired Pay, and work hours. They were very willing to negotiate those so both them and myself got the most out of the employment.   1 Answer
    • Tested me to see how well I adapted to their stocking process.   1 Answer
    • Availability?   1 Answer
    • Disabilities?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable approaching and engaging customers?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodridge, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Woodridge, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online then got a call back A week later from the store manager he asked me if I wanted to come in for a interview I agreed to when I got there I interviewed with the assistant manager The weird thing about it was we interviewed in the furniture section of the store after my interview the manager told me to come in for a second interview with the store manager he asked some basic questions and then offered me the job on the spot but I couldn't officially starting working until my background check came back

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked me what was my preferred salary I said I was open for discussion he said the best he could do was a $1.75 above starting salary I took the offer without hesitation

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Panel Interview with many level beginning with phone interview with recruiter. 2 month process that included HR Person, Regional Vice President. Spoke with other DSM's to get a feel for what the culture was like. Changing culture is ongoing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions, give me an example of when this happens? Most are trying to determine how you handle conflict and get things done with minimal support   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on a Friday, and roughly a week later, I was called and asked some brief questions over the phone. At the end of that conversation we scheduled for a face-to-face interview in store, at which time I had an interview with the Head Store manager. A couple days after that interview I was scheduled for another interview, with the Assistant Store manager. I assume this is the process for most interviews at Office Depot/Officemax, however I heard it is different amongst different managements. A friend of mine who got a job there months before I did had a 2 minute interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Sell me this (insert item here)   1 Answer
    • If one manager has you doing certain tasks and their shift ends, and another manager comes and has different tasks, which tasks do you do?   1 Answer

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Naperville, IL).

Interview

I had an panel interview that spand about 6 hours. The interview started at 8am and anded at 3pm. I met with Mangersfrom four different areas of the business. The facilitatior was nice and accomodating.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult questions really. Lots of process questions.   Answer Question

Digital Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Naperville, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Traditional interview with one on one conversations. Four interviews and a tour of the office. Total length of interview roughly 3 hours. Slight break between interviews, I assume a short discussion was had during hand off to next interviewer

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in your next role?   1 Answer

Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Naperville, IL).

Interview

The recruiters did a good job asking the standard questions and obtaining the expected initial personal information. The interview process included 5 separate interviews occurring on 3 separate days (excessive). The questions were not based on behavioral methodology and seemed to be more investigative in the respect that if I wasn't hired, the ideas and procedural accomplishments I provided would be used to improve their organization.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was over the phone with the HR contact. I declined the initial offer and counter-offered immediately. The HR contact was obviously given parameters on what would be accepted as we quickly came to an agreement.

Solutions Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

This was a complete joke. The manager who was not qualified to be anything more then a bagger read off a script to basic sales questions. When you would answer, he then wrote down your answers and followed his own protocol for who is old enough to fit the retail manager look.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation....   1 Answer

Sales Specialist (Key Holder) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bedford Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Bedford Park, IL) in August 2013.

Interview

Tell me about yourself.
    What are your strengths?
    What are your weaknesses?
    Why do you want this job?
    Where would you like to be in your career five years from now?
    What's your ideal company?
    What attracted you to this company?
    Why should we hire you?

What can you do for us that other candidates can't?
    What were the responsibilities of your last position?
    Why are you leaving your present job?
    What do you know about this industry?
    What do you know about our company?
    Are you willing to relocate?
    Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions

• What did you like least about your last job? When were you most satisfied in your job?   Answer Question