OfficeMax Impress Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Impress Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 23, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview. I talked to the store manager and department manager on the same day, so don't expect multiple interviews. The process was not intimidating and if you land an interview while the store is actively hiring then you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, but expect to be asked about sales and customer service.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukie, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Milwaukie, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

I was in the store and saw a hiring sign. I asked the guy at the door about the hours they were looking for. He commented the application is online. Due to the OfficeMax/Office Depot merger, the online portion is a pain. Make sure to check your email and do the personality assessment. After I did so, I went back to the store to speak with the store manager. He had already printed out my resume and was doing interviews the following week. I got a call on Wednesday. Interviewed Friday morning. He is waiting on the results of my background check (3-5 business days), after which he told me he will call with an offer of employment. We were talking about training schedules before I left.

Interview Questions

• So, tell me about your last job. (He did this for each job on my resume).
      What does customer service mean to you?
      Do you have previous retail experience, preferably cashiering?
      Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interviewed by shift Supervisor first as a one-on-one interview, then came back the following day for a second interview with the Store Manager and Supervisor together, with the Store Manager asking most of the questions. The interview with the Supervisor was more in depth and took longer. Both interviews were average and I wasn't made to feel nervous or intimidated. They want to make sure you have retail experience working with customers and are comfortable in a fast paced work environment with many customers.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

General Interview process and question first phone interview and then a one on one interview with manger and store manager. Questions around flexible schedule working on weekends, holidays and big season for them is "back-to-school" sale in August.

low pay

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

I applied online through the company website. The next day, I went down to the store with my resume and talked with the hiring manager. We set up a face to face interview the next week. The face to face interview went really well. The manager said they would let me know if they have an offer for me in a couple of days. Right on time, the hiring manager offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your skills from previous jobs will apply to this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered Max rate per hour

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Jacksonville, FL) in November 2014.

Interview

Basic questions on experiences I've had with people regards to teamwork. Also if any problems occured, how did I handle the situation. Really easy questions. Also I didn't have any work experience so they asked me questions based upon services I've done with regards to community service.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Filled out the online application and then about 3 months later I get called for an interview for the next day. The manager seemed kinda desperate but that's okay he was cool. It wasn't really a formal interview as no interview questions were asked. He really loved my resume and never auctually gave me a chance to talk being he was so excited to hopefully have me on his team.I got hired the same day during the interview and we didn't talk about wages. My advice to you is make a resume that stands out (make one in photoshop) and learn how photoshop works that also a big role in getting me the job. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• the only question I was asked was tell me about your self.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't discuss wages.

Anonymous Employee in Madison Heights, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Madison Heights, MI) in April 2014.

Interview

There was a slight training process online that went along with the application it was connected to a hiring site I used it was very helpful but I don't think it's used now since the merger. I was called for an interview about a week later.

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2014.

Interview

They asked a bunch of questions on how I would handle a multitude of situations; teamwork, stress, independance.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to sell a random object in the room to him.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2014.

Interview

First was a phone interview with the manager of the print department. It was pretty simple and straight forward - he asked questions you would expect them to ask and you would answer them. After he approved he asked me in for an in person interview. It was pretty informal (this was about the time their system had a major overhaul and thus he didn't have the proper interview papers, so he kind of shot from the hip on questions). I got a little tour of the place, a day or so later I was hired.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask any outlandish questions, stuff like, what strengths would you bring to this job? I don't remember specific questions but I remember it wasn't anything crazy.   Answer Question