OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

423 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Retail Merchandising Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Honolulu, HI) in July 2017.

Interview

Easy laid back interview. Spoke with 2 managers, hired on the spot. Called in for orientation sessions the next week. They explained the hours and duties of the position and pay was discussed. Seems they need people for the overnight shift.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
    • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
    • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in May 2017.

Interview

I interviewed at a reletiving small store. After coming in I was taken to one of the furniture displays and we had a candid conversation about my past experience. It was one of the most laid back and comfortable interviews I've ever had. I had a follow-up interview the next morning with more structured questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an employee refusing to do given tasks?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Amherst, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Informal, sit in an open door office, was interrupted a few times with other workers needing the interviewing manager. They asked a few questions, I asked a few questions. Talked about a wage and availability. Afterwards, said I was done and would call back after they ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with selling technology, furniture, or have you worked in a copy/print center before?
      Have you used a cash register before?
      Are you a people person?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I applied online, then got called in for a face-to-face interview. It wasn't anything terribly difficult, primarily just a discussion of my qualifications, needs, and expectations from the job. It was pretty clear that the store manager just wanted to get a read on what kind of person I was and if I would fit in. I must have passed his tests because I got the job.

Interview Questions

• If I was okay taking a low salary to begin with.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX).

Interview

Applied on company website. Contacted by a recruiter several weeks later. Job I applied for was filled internally. Four months later the same recruiter contacted me again. Two phone interviews, followed by District manager interview, then a final phone interview with two other district
    Managers in lieu of the regional VP being available.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Longmont, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Store manager emailed me saying they saw my resume online and wanted to interview me for the job. I came in for a face to face interview the next day.

Questions were standard "Describe your managerial style", "How would you handle an employee that wouldn't follow company standards"

All in all, mostly just a conversation about how you would handle different situations.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee not following company policy?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

It was good and professional, the assistant manager and manager were too. It was serious and also a bit fun, getting to know the store and what exactly ill be doing and about the assistant manager and manager

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation that involves an unhappy customer?   2 Answers

Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Inverness, FL).

Interview

I applied for a seasonal sales position online and was contacted a couple of days later about an interview. The interview process itself was pretty painless; I researched the position on Glassdoor, and it went nearly the same for me as it had for others who applied for the same position. I thought the interview went well. It was explained to me that the seasonal position was actually a probationary period; if hired and if things went well, I would likely be asked if I was interested in long-term employment. Most of the questions pertained to the type of work conditions I felt comfortable with, and my feelings about taking a full-time position if it was offered after the season. I was not contacted about the job opening after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about the work conditions in which I usually felt most comfortable   Answer Question

Retail Senior Sales Consultant Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Porterville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager first.I was asked a series of questions fairly standard to any retail sales position. Nothing out of the ordinary. They even used the age old "Sell me this pen" question. All in all a very easy interview. Afterwards, just a very brief discussion with the Store Manager, then a job offer