OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Cruces, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Las Cruces, NM).

Interview

It was good and professional, the assistant manager and manager were too. It was serious and also a bit fun, getting to know the store and what exactly ill be doing and about the assistant manager and manager

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a situation that involves an unhappy customer?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Inverness, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Inverness, FL).

Interview

I applied for a seasonal sales position online and was contacted a couple of days later about an interview. The interview process itself was pretty painless; I researched the position on Glassdoor, and it went nearly the same for me as it had for others who applied for the same position. I thought the interview went well. It was explained to me that the seasonal position was actually a probationary period; if hired and if things went well, I would likely be asked if I was interested in long-term employment. Most of the questions pertained to the type of work conditions I felt comfortable with, and my feelings about taking a full-time position if it was offered after the season. I was not contacted about the job opening after the interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I felt about the work conditions in which I usually felt most comfortable   Answer Question

Retail Senior Sales Consultant Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Porterville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Porterville, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by an Assistant Manager first.I was asked a series of questions fairly standard to any retail sales position. Nothing out of the ordinary. They even used the age old "Sell me this pen" question. All in all a very easy interview. Afterwards, just a very brief discussion with the Store Manager, then a job offer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had to interview with the store manager, then a different store manager then the district manager before you can get offered a spot in the company. The interview questions are easy and not to stressful.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Stock Questions, but the AM was flexible and went off list. There was only 6 questions on the list and one he added. It was relaxed and I got the impression if you had minor experience and could hold a conversation you would be fine.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online which took only a few minutes (less than 10) plus screening questions. I was contacted by the store manager a few days after I submitted an application and an interview was scheduled. I came into the store about 15 minutes before my interview time. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes. He told me he was going to recommend me for a second interview with the district manager and that was conducted 30 minutes because the district manager was coming into the store anyway. After about a week I was offered the position and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay Question: Sell me a laptop   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seneca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (West Seneca, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, very nice staff and management to help with the welcoming process. The manager that interviewed me was very helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly, and asked very straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer in your experiences with work?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and centered around giving good customer service. They were straight forward and not anything you wouldn't expect from a entry level position.The interviewer will write notes as you talk about your experience with customer service. This will most likely be the first part of the interview, as the second will be scheduled at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you give good customer service/
      Tell me a time where you gave/received excellent customer service.
      Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Cullman, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call the day after submitting my app online, and we scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The interviewer told me he had to read from a corporate script when I asked for further clarification on a question. Interview took place in furniture department at one of the desks for sale. It took about ten minutes, and then I was asked to fill out paperwork for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Q: When it comes to leading others, do you think you're more strict or more relaxed when trying to meet a goal/deadline?   1 Answer
    • Q: Talk about a time when you had to be goal-oriented/take a methodical approach to something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. He wrote down a number and said that it was the absolute highest he could do for my position.