OfficeMax Furniture Specialist - Key Holder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Furniture Specialist - Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

was an internal candidate so they didnt ask me the normal questions, just wanted to know what i would do when i got the position and how i could help us succeed.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Furniture Specialist - Key Holder Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2010.

Interview

Applied on line at the Company Website. I filled out the application & took the personality test, if you don't take the personality test you won't be called for an interview. I uploaded my resume. If I am not mistaken they use scanning software to review resume's. You have to read job discription carefully and use all the key words to get through the scan. I applied for the same position @ 2 locations. I scored 95% for the location closest to my home and I scored 0% for the location 25 miles away. I think I scored 0% b/c my address was too far away for a key holder position. That is how I figured out they must use scanning software.

I interviewed with the Store Manager and I was asked standard retail questions. The Manager was very professional and polite and explained what the job entailed.
    I was re-scheduled for a phone interview with the DM.
    I was called back to sign papers for a drug test & background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to take care of a customer and what was the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry customer and what wat the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

I don't think there was room for negotiation.