OfficeMax Sales Associate - Office Max Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Sales Associate - Office Max Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Interview

I completed the online. It took about an hour. A few days later, I received a phone call from a manager. He asked me a few questions about my retail experience. He asked me to come to the store for an interview. I interviewed 1:1 with one of the manager. The interview took about 20 minutes. A few days later, he called to offer me a job.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't too difficult, but you might be asked to demonstrate how you would sell one of their products.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Rockford, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Was called in by an assistant manager. Asked me questions about my experience with office supplies (obviously). But was more concerned about my knowledge with tech and how it work and relates to other products in the store. Would recommend studying up on ink and toner and printers and such before going in. It's a huge part f the job. People like their printers and ink.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to me if I was an elderly woman coming in wanting to send letters to my grandchildren on my computer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Newnan, GA).

Interview

Filled out an application online..Got called in for an interview a few days later. Interviewed by the general manager. The manager asked basic customer service type questions about what i would do in certain situations and questions about myself.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions such as what are your weaknesses and strengths and how would you deal with an angry customer who had a problem   1 Answer

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

My Interview was a bit odd the person interviewing me seemed nerves, her face was red and the questions were not questions I had prepared myself for from reading other questions fro other sites.It didn't seem like they cared about my answers as much as just getting someone in to fill the position. If you are a brown nosier this particular store will work for you. The staff and management were lazy and spent most of the day talking about customers and new employees. They never had more than one cashier on staff, which didn't make sense because the mangers or key holders were not expected to jump on and help you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Amherst, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied Online and about a week later got a call for an interview by the Assistant manager. Assitant manager was really kind. Interview was only about 10 mins, probably due to my lack of experience in the sales field. The Assistant manager said he'll give me a call. Never received a call.

Sales Associate - Office Max Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in October 2013.

Interview

Why did you choose OfficeMax? Interview was very basic. Asked me about my availability, then continued onto what i did at my previous job, also how the job skills i learned can be put into play with the open position at OfficeMax. He asked me to Sale him a Bookshelf... (when they ask you to sell them an item, your job is to sell that item but ALSO add other things onto it aswell, in my case it was a lamp, warranty, if it was for a business include the services they had for business's)

Interview Questions

• Sale me this bookshelf. Why should i hire you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked me to come into the store for an interview and sat me down in the sales floor area. Asked me about my strengths, weaknesses, and then had me go around the store to see what could be improved. It would be beneficial to have sales experience but it's not required. Also being bi-lingual is always a plus, especially for where I worked. I often was used as a translator.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kirkland, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Kirkland, WA) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied via application and received an interview 1 week later. Met with Sales Floor Supervisor and discussed previous experiences and roles. How I met the qualifications, sales techniques.

Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Eugene, OR) in March 2011.

Interview

Very casual and scripted. Lasted 45 minutes or more. We went to his office and he read from a list of prepared questions. I'm a talker so nothing went unsaid. Hiring manager was very nice but because of the script it took a couple of questions to find my groove.

Interview Questions

• Sell me something in this room.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Deerfield, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

the interview was just me and the hiring manager. he asked many questions and the interview lasted maybe 20 minutes. no more than 35. it was very simple, the basic interview questions. when the interview was complete, the interviewer offered me the job. i accepted and he then told me i would have to take a drug test and then complete the background check. and the training will commence.

Interview Questions

• what hours do you want to work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiations yet