OfficeMax Sales Associate-cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Sales Associate-cashier Interview Questions

2.1

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The application to interview process was fairly quick. I was hired immediately but due to issues with corporate HR I did not start for a month. Once I took the time to contact Corporate directly and research the issue I was able to overcome the objection and get approved for hire.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to make a customer happy.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Irvine, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly casual interview with 2 broad questions. Seemed like the main purpose was to identify/find any over-glaring personality/communication problems. Was actually conducted in the chair/desk section of the store by an assistant manager. Had an orientation of the job process immediately after the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chesapeake, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

They ask very simple questions, such as when are you available, do you stress out when confronted with questions from people, Its a very simple hiring process. They don't ask to many questions once hired you get a tour from the store manager, you have to watch a few hiring videos get told which colors to wear, and you get your headset and name badge.

Sales Associate-cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2014.

Interview

the interviewing was simple not alot of pressure really they only asked basic questions about how I felt about the position and my availablity to work it was a average type of interview no real reason to be nervous about anything.

Interview Questions

• Asking how much I think I can sell when I had no work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

it wasn't a negotiation he offered and i accepted

Anonymous Employee in Saint Charles, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Saint Charles, MO) in August 2014.

Interview

Upon walking in you're greeted by friendly staff. After stating I was there for an interview I was guided to a desk and chair in the furniture department. I was told Chris (the Assistant Manager) would be right with me. I didn't wait long. He was very friendly throughout the interview process. I was asked standard questions and then told I was hired as long as my background check came through satisfactory.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you ran into a problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

Took close to a month. Was called by multiple stores - one wanted me to work all weekend, opening and closing. That was a hell no. Store I ended up working at had me do a quick interview (I had to call five times before an interview was set up!), told me to get a drug test and offered me thew job on the spot pending the drug test. Those results took a week and a half, but that's expected.

Sales Associate-cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax in September 2012.

Interview

Really simple was hired before I even applied. Was mostly just asked if I knew how to ring and if I was willing to learn how to sell replacement plans on items. Very laid back with the whole process. Had my interview got hired And applied the same day

Interview Questions

• Do you know how to ring a register   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Henrietta, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Henrietta, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview went well. Store manager was very kind and continued to be during my stay there. Assistant store manager was nice during interview but proceeded to be rude once hired. Basic questions asked. One interview, no phone interview.

Interview Questions

• I always have problems with what are your interests so that was my hardest question to answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was a basic retail job and they offered a dollar above the minimum wage at the time so I was not about to negotiate that. (8.25)

Anonymous Employee in Victor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Victor, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

The hiring process was very informal. i apply through the store and after reviewing my application, the manager called me in and introduced me to the regions managers. After meeting the regions manager. He asked me basic questions and hired me on the spot. It was an easy interview because the position was very simple

Sales Associate-cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in August 2011.

Interview

I was called in for my first interview. then a few days later I was called in for my second interview. Before that interview even started, I was told that I was going to be offered the job, but I still had to do the interview. Next I went a took a drug test. After that I had to wait about two weeks before I heard back saying when I was going to start the job.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you worked in a group that did not get a long, and you got everyone to do what they had to?   Answer Question