OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax in April 2011.

Interview

Can be a long interview process in this challenging economy with many potential candidates. Be patient and professional throughout the process. 3-7 interviews is common, either by phone or 1:1
     It starts with a screening by the HR recruiter, then an in person interview with the hiring manager. Unless you are a referral or know someone in the company, you may have to interview with team members who would be peers
     Be prepared and do your research on the company. Know about the history of the company, the leadership and the company philosophy. Do you homework.
     It is a tight culture where teamwork, communication and dedication are essential to fit in and survive. The leadership has changed rapidly over the past few months and the focus is on productivity, customer contact and hitting the numbers.
    The people who work here are dedicated and love the company. Many have been with them for a long time and the turnover for the most part in lower then other industries

Interview Questions

• What do you know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They do not negotiate, It is take it or leave it.

Manager, Net Bids Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Naperville, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Amazing process where 2 leaders interviewed me. One was the Dir and other was the Sr Director. Both were very cordial and professional. One manager came to me after the interview and gave me his business card and told me that he will follow up!

Interview Questions

• Specific to the role I had applied for   1 Answer

Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

They asked a few unnecessary questions that didn't seem to fit the job description. I felt rushed while answering the questions. It was the toughest interview I've had to date.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had to work as a leader. how would you handle the team? and why would you and would you not enjoy leading?   Answer Question

Copy & Print Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Irvine, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

1. Phone Call to come in
    2. Then met with store manager and assistant manager
    3. Met with other Copy and Print Manager from another store
    4. Approved
    *There was a lot of talking and questions through each process.

Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process I experienced at OfficeMax was lengthy and drawn out. I initially came to my first interview where I met with HR, then the hiring boss and then the hiring bosses boss. After that I was called back for a follow up interview. This took place with a panel of four different associates who would potentially be my peers the group if I were to be hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for OfficeMax? What do you consider to be your greatest life achievements? What do you love about office products? What systems are you familiar with using?   Answer Question

Copy Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Modesto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Modesto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They have you wait in furniture till you're call up to be interview in a small back room behind the tech counter. The interview manager was very intimidating and after all they question he asked you during the interview. His exact words if you don't get a call by tomorrow means someone out shine you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me bout yourself?
      Have done any merchandising?
      Have you ever sold any insurance?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Riverside, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview was tough. Manager asked several questions, many of which involved sales scenarios. Also required me to sell the manager certain items to check how skillful I was at making sales.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where a customer has unsatisfied with the service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online, a week later got a call to come to interview at the store. Interview with the store manager and the assistant manager with another candidates at the same time. They ask general interview questions and situation questions. Toke about 45 mins for the whole thing. It was harder than other people I have read online

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work at OfficeMax?
      Tell me about yourself?
      How would you sell items in the store?
      How to build trust with other employees?
      How to handle angry customers?
      How to deal with irresponsible employees?
      Did you ever take initiative in a situation?
      How did you over a problem?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Nashville, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

Know your numbers, be prepared. Be able to speak to driving Sales and producing results as well as training others. Be a leader of change. Expect up to three interviews, sometimes with Store Managers as well as with District Manager.

Interview Questions

• Questions are not difficult unless you cannot speak to driving a selling culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

changes inside the company from one position to another are encouraged but, should be based more on performance and work ethic than what questions you can answer.