OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.2

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had to interview with the store manager, then a different store manager then the district manager before you can get offered a spot in the company. The interview questions are easy and not to stressful.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday morning, I got a call that afternoon, The guy asked me to come in the next day for an interview. during the interview he was very rude, and condescending. He asked questions and said things in a very rude tone.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions he asked me was "Don't take this the wrong way but why only one job in your history?"   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2016.

Interview

Stock Questions, but the AM was flexible and went off list. There was only 6 questions on the list and one he added. It was relaxed and I got the impression if you had minor experience and could hold a conversation you would be fine.

Interview Questions

• If you were a pizza what kind would you be.   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online which took only a few minutes (less than 10) plus screening questions. I was contacted by the store manager a few days after I submitted an application and an interview was scheduled. I came into the store about 15 minutes before my interview time. The interview lasted about 40-45 minutes. He told me he was going to recommend me for a second interview with the district manager and that was conducted 30 minutes because the district manager was coming into the store anyway. After about a week I was offered the position and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• Roleplay Question: Sell me a laptop   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Seneca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (West Seneca, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, very nice staff and management to help with the welcoming process. The manager that interviewed me was very helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly, and asked very straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer in your experiences with work?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and centered around giving good customer service. They were straight forward and not anything you wouldn't expect from a entry level position.The interviewer will write notes as you talk about your experience with customer service. This will most likely be the first part of the interview, as the second will be scheduled at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you give good customer service/
      Tell me a time where you gave/received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Cullman, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call the day after submitting my app online, and we scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The interviewer told me he had to read from a corporate script when I asked for further clarification on a question. Interview took place in furniture department at one of the desks for sale. It took about ten minutes, and then I was asked to fill out paperwork for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Q: When it comes to leading others, do you think you're more strict or more relaxed when trying to meet a goal/deadline?   1 Answer
    • Q: Talk about a time when you had to be goal-oriented/take a methodical approach to something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. He wrote down a number and said that it was the absolute highest he could do for my position.

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Crystal Lake, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First Interview was pretty casual, sort of a get to know each other type deal. I imagine it was to see if I was a good fit.

Second interview was more intensive, reviewed my resume and asked more personal questions related to the job as well as a few on the spot tests to see how my experience stacked up to their processes.

Interview Questions

• Desired Pay, and work hours. They were very willing to negotiate those so both them and myself got the most out of the employment.   1 Answer
    • Tested me to see how well I adapted to their stocking process.   1 Answer
    • Availability?   1 Answer
    • Disabilities?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable approaching and engaging customers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

It was a quick interview. I came in early one morning and interviewed for about 30 minutes. They asked a bunch of standard interview questions. Mostly stuff about strengths and weaknesses. They asked about my schooling and extracurricular involvements I was involved in, since I didn't have any work experience then. After I finished they told me they would call back after they finished all their interviews . About a week or two later I got called back in.