OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Apr 30, 2017

2.2

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a few days later. interviewed not long after. Spent two hours in the office talking. Discussed why I wanted the position, told a little about myself, was quizzed on what I knew about the company, the sales process, how I interact with people. Was told I was hired by the end of the interview and when to appear for work. Unfortunately, the manager that hired me was leaving the day after my interview and failed to give details of my hire to the assistant manager. I showed up for work and was told they had no idea who I was or why I showed up. They kept me anyway, I just started later than planned. It was one of the most unusual processes I have ever been apart of. Apparently I was the second person that "just showed up for work" that this manager had hired, but told no one that he had done so....

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interview process was average. Recruiter, DM, 2nd DM, HR, Regional. Very basic and easy questions. Tell me about a time when....

First GM interview I've ever had that was 100% scripted.

Interview Questions

Offer was relatively low for market and my needs. Offered 62 and 3k bonus.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at office max, and I called 2 days later and got a interview. During my interview they asked me questions, I basically got the job on the spot! The manager liked how I was.

Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

They asked a few unnecessary questions that didn't seem to fit the job description. I felt rushed while answering the questions. It was the toughest interview I've had to date.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had to work as a leader. how would you handle the team? and why would you and would you not enjoy leading?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after 1 week+ I called in to check if they got my application. They said they would call me in in a few days, and two days later they did. The interview lasted 10 minutes. He just wanted to know how I would deal with contrasting emotions in the workplace and wanted a feel for my personality. He said I was a great fit and called me an hour later to tell me to come back in for a background check. A few days later and I am scheduled for my first shift. Very friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• What was one area of improvement that a previous employer gave you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview was very easy and straightforward. they didn't ask any unexpected questions, and I got hired right away, only having to wait on a background check. It seemed like they knew they wanted to hire me from the very beginning, and they started asking a lot about my availability and how long I expected to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would sell along with a printer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do any negotiating

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Northwood, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers. We briefly discussed my resume, MS office skills, interests, and how I work with people. I also ended up talking about trading strategies with one of the managers there because he was really cool. All in all very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who are upset, or maybe need to be convinced of another way of looking at an issue?   1 Answer

Stock Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Burnsville, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The manager kept leaving due to poor staffing. No other manager was there to help the associates so he had to keep stopping the interview. He seemed distracted, but he asked the basic questions that are always asked in interviews. He did not ask why I was interested in working there.

Interview Questions

• What was a previous experience in which a manager was not the nicest?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered a position with a salary just above the company's minimum. So I accepted.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The application to interview process was fairly quick. I was hired immediately but due to issues with corporate HR I did not start for a month. Once I took the time to contact Corporate directly and research the issue I was able to overcome the objection and get approved for hire.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to make a customer happy.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2016.

Interview

Read straight from a questionnaire. Did not ask any personal questions or anything about me. Questions were "Explain a time when..." or "Tell me about a time you..." even though I told the interviewer that I had not had a previous job or experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew you were right and had to convince someone of that.   Answer Question
    • Sell me anything in this office   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to keep something confidential   Answer Question