OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.2

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview was simple and centered around giving good customer service. They were straight forward and not anything you wouldn't expect from a entry level position.The interviewer will write notes as you talk about your experience with customer service. This will most likely be the first part of the interview, as the second will be scheduled at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      How do you give good customer service/
      Tell me a time where you gave/received excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cullman, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Cullman, AL) in July 2016.

Interview

I got a phone call the day after submitting my app online, and we scheduled an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The interviewer told me he had to read from a corporate script when I asked for further clarification on a question. Interview took place in furniture department at one of the desks for sale. It took about ten minutes, and then I was asked to fill out paperwork for the background check.

Interview Questions

• Q: When it comes to leading others, do you think you're more strict or more relaxed when trying to meet a goal/deadline?   1 Answer
    • Q: Talk about a time when you had to be goal-oriented/take a methodical approach to something.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't really negotiate. He wrote down a number and said that it was the absolute highest he could do for my position.

Logistics Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Crystal Lake, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

First Interview was pretty casual, sort of a get to know each other type deal. I imagine it was to see if I was a good fit.

Second interview was more intensive, reviewed my resume and asked more personal questions related to the job as well as a few on the spot tests to see how my experience stacked up to their processes.

Interview Questions

• Desired Pay, and work hours. They were very willing to negotiate those so both them and myself got the most out of the employment.   1 Answer
    • Tested me to see how well I adapted to their stocking process.   1 Answer
    • Availability?   1 Answer
    • Disabilities?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable approaching and engaging customers?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Flagstaff, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Flagstaff, AZ).

Interview

It was a quick interview. I came in early one morning and interviewed for about 30 minutes. They asked a bunch of standard interview questions. Mostly stuff about strengths and weaknesses. They asked about my schooling and extracurricular involvements I was involved in, since I didn't have any work experience then. After I finished they told me they would call back after they finished all their interviews . About a week or two later I got called back in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2016.

Interview

They were questions that were generated from the assessment test from the application. It was a one on one interview and it took about 5 minutes. He asked about 5 questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

It was very simple, I just walked in and they asked very basic questions that were on the online questionnaire. Then they did a background check. The manager seemed very chill and thought I was too qualified to be put on the floor so he put me in the print center.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Went in and gave a basic interview on my qulaifications, avalaiblilty and competency. It was nothing difficult, laid back and easy. Asked about my prior experience in sales, if I could handle heavy lifting and how was my customer service. I spent about an hour or so in the managers office and was asked to start a week later.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Petoskey, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Petoskey, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and professional. The store manager reviewed my experience and past work history. He informed me of store operations and company policy. I was ask various questions in reference to my goals as an employee would be. I had a tour of the store and was introduced to the staff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered what I wanted as a starting wage.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within 4 days I got a call for an interview. What I didn't like was the interview took place in the middle of the store. There were not that many customers but still felt a bit unprofessional. The interview did not take very long as well.

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a few days later. interviewed not long after. Spent two hours in the office talking. Discussed why I wanted the position, told a little about myself, was quizzed on what I knew about the company, the sales process, how I interact with people. Was told I was hired by the end of the interview and when to appear for work. Unfortunately, the manager that hired me was leaving the day after my interview and failed to give details of my hire to the assistant manager. I showed up for work and was told they had no idea who I was or why I showed up. They kept me anyway, I just started later than planned. It was one of the most unusual processes I have ever been apart of. Apparently I was the second person that "just showed up for work" that this manager had hired, but told no one that he had done so....