OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Haven't had the interview yet. So far got a call after a couple of weeks of applying. Sent first application and got the general email from recruiting. Applied a second time with a resume and called less than a week after applying.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It was a panel interview. One person would ask questions while the other person wrote down the answers and then they switched and the other person asked questions and the other one wrote down your answers. Then they said they would get back to you after the interview was over. Very professional in all aspects. Even had to role play a little on how to get a sale.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple and average, the manager at the time was odd though and all around didn't know what he was doing. He was later fired by corporate for groping customers and staff alike.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

simple . I was called in , sat in the office , then I was ask literally four questions and then I was given the job. not hard at all, very very VERY simple .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It was ok. Went to a "jobfair" multiple manager interviewed people. I interviewed with thw store i wanted. Asked me to sell him a pen.
    Asked me random questions. A time when i took charge. A time when i managed my time wisely. Weird questions like that. Asked about where i want to go. How far i want to move up.
    Brief. Boring. Simple.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I called, asked if any positions where available, "yes apply online". If you get an interview you go in dressed formal(assistant manager), if all goes well about three days later a second interview (store manager) takes place. No drug test (WASHINGTON )was ever done.

Interview Questions

• Thay ask you to sell them something   1 Answer

Print Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather standard. Initially interviewed to work as a sales associate but they actually offered me a position for the Print department since there was a huge need there. Talked with the store manager as well as the print supervisor. Rather easy interview. Felt like they were in a position where they would offer the job to anyone to fill store needs. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How did you handle a difficult customer?
      Sell to me (a random item) in the store.
      Answer Question

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Jackson, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

It was just a quick interview with standard questions. My manager made it pretty casual. He had a list of questions he was supposed to ask, but kind of just picked ones he wanted to ask. I felt comfortable, and it made the interview easy.

Interview Questions

• I had to describe a time I worked with a team and what my role was.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Online application, got a phone call a couple days later to schedule an interview. Quick interview, received offer afterwards (based on prior work experience and education level...they have a sheet they look at to determine pay offer).

Interview Questions

• They asked if I'd be a long term or short term employee. Didn't really ask too much, just kind of read through my resume and application with me.   Answer Question

Impress Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA).

Interview

Basic interview. I talked to the store manager and department manager on the same day, so don't expect multiple interviews. The process was not intimidating and if you land an interview while the store is actively hiring then you are pretty much guaranteed a job.

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specific questions, but expect to be asked about sales and customer service.   Answer Question