OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Stillwater, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was lead into the manager's office and overall it was pretty informal. The manager asked me a variety of questions and just wanted to know more about my personality as well as if I would be able to balance work and school and if I would be a good fit with the other workers.

Interview Questions

• When have you reached a difficult problem? How did you solve it? Did you use the help of others? How did teamwork play a role? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know how to negotiate pay or benefits.

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Park, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Cedar Park, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Quick and easy, just take the online assessment once you're done with the application, schedule an interview and start within 2 weeks.... if all goes well. The interview process got alot more robust, now people have to do over the phone interviews and im not sure if the process is as quick as it used to be.

Interview Questions

• Describe an experience where you had to work as a team   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone call a few days later. interviewed not long after. Spent two hours in the office talking. Discussed why I wanted the position, told a little about myself, was quizzed on what I knew about the company, the sales process, how I interact with people. Was told I was hired by the end of the interview and when to appear for work. Unfortunately, the manager that hired me was leaving the day after my interview and failed to give details of my hire to the assistant manager. I showed up for work and was told they had no idea who I was or why I showed up. They kept me anyway, I just started later than planned. It was one of the most unusual processes I have ever been apart of. Apparently I was the second person that "just showed up for work" that this manager had hired, but told no one that he had done so....

Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Interview process was average. Recruiter, DM, 2nd DM, HR, Regional. Very basic and easy questions. Tell me about a time when....

First GM interview I've ever had that was 100% scripted.

Interview Questions

Offer was relatively low for market and my needs. Offered 62 and 3k bonus.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

I applied at office max, and I called 2 days later and got a interview. During my interview they asked me questions, I basically got the job on the spot! The manager liked how I was.

Retail Stock Merchandising Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

They asked a few unnecessary questions that didn't seem to fit the job description. I felt rushed while answering the questions. It was the toughest interview I've had to date.

Interview Questions

• what would you do if you had to work as a leader. how would you handle the team? and why would you and would you not enjoy leading?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after 1 week+ I called in to check if they got my application. They said they would call me in in a few days, and two days later they did. The interview lasted 10 minutes. He just wanted to know how I would deal with contrasting emotions in the workplace and wanted a feel for my personality. He said I was a great fit and called me an hour later to tell me to come back in for a background check. A few days later and I am scheduled for my first shift. Very friendly employees.

Interview Questions

• What was one area of improvement that a previous employer gave you?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview was very easy and straightforward. they didn't ask any unexpected questions, and I got hired right away, only having to wait on a background check. It seemed like they knew they wanted to hire me from the very beginning, and they started asking a lot about my availability and how long I expected to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would sell along with a printer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do any negotiating

Copy & Print Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwood, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Northwood, OH) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with two managers. We briefly discussed my resume, MS office skills, interests, and how I work with people. I also ended up talking about trading strategies with one of the managers there because he was really cool. All in all very relaxed.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who are upset, or maybe need to be convinced of another way of looking at an issue?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Standard STAR based interview questions. They want to see how you handle certain situations just be sure to speak to how you handled things and not the team. For those who don't know STAR stands for Situation, Task, Action, Result. Most people forget the result so make sure you inform them of the findings and what you learned from the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult working relationship. How did you handle this person and what did you do to make the situation better?   Answer Question