OfficeMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

The application to interview process was fairly quick. I was hired immediately but due to issues with corporate HR I did not start for a month. Once I took the time to contact Corporate directly and research the issue I was able to overcome the objection and get approved for hire.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went out of your way to make a customer happy.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2016.

Interview

Read straight from a questionnaire. Did not ask any personal questions or anything about me. Questions were "Explain a time when..." or "Tell me about a time you..." even though I told the interviewer that I had not had a previous job or experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew you were right and had to convince someone of that.   Answer Question
    • Sell me anything in this office   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to keep something confidential   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Forest, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

terrible, but now there is new management and all should go well. The previous manager ran the place inefficiently due to lack of training, and therefore had to leave the office often.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what I was doing at school and how long I would stay with the company. Also I was asked about what I wanted to do 3 to 5 years down the road.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Haven't had the interview yet. So far got a call after a couple of weeks of applying. Sent first application and got the general email from recruiting. Applied a second time with a resume and called less than a week after applying.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It was a panel interview. One person would ask questions while the other person wrote down the answers and then they switched and the other person asked questions and the other one wrote down your answers. Then they said they would get back to you after the interview was over. Very professional in all aspects. Even had to role play a little on how to get a sale.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple and average, the manager at the time was odd though and all around didn't know what he was doing. He was later fired by corporate for groping customers and staff alike.

Stock Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

simple . I was called in , sat in the office , then I was ask literally four questions and then I was given the job. not hard at all, very very VERY simple .

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It was ok. Went to a "jobfair" multiple manager interviewed people. I interviewed with thw store i wanted. Asked me to sell him a pen.
    Asked me random questions. A time when i took charge. A time when i managed my time wisely. Weird questions like that. Asked about where i want to go. How far i want to move up.
    Brief. Boring. Simple.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I called, asked if any positions where available, "yes apply online". If you get an interview you go in dressed formal(assistant manager), if all goes well about three days later a second interview (store manager) takes place. No drug test (WASHINGTON )was ever done.

Interview Questions

• Thay ask you to sell them something   1 Answer

Print Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview was rather standard. Initially interviewed to work as a sales associate but they actually offered me a position for the Print department since there was a huge need there. Talked with the store manager as well as the print supervisor. Rather easy interview. Felt like they were in a position where they would offer the job to anyone to fill store needs. Hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      How did you handle a difficult customer?
      Sell to me (a random item) in the store.   Answer Question