OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at OfficeMax

1.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
  • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
  • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Forest, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

terrible, but now there is new management and all should go well. The previous manager ran the place inefficiently due to lack of training, and therefore had to leave the office often.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what I was doing at school and how long I would stay with the company. Also I was asked about what I wanted to do 3 to 5 years down the road.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Amherst, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Informal, sit in an open door office, was interrupted a few times with other workers needing the interviewing manager. They asked a few questions, I asked a few questions. Talked about a wage and availability. Afterwards, said I was done and would call back after they ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with selling technology, furniture, or have you worked in a copy/print center before?
      Have you used a cash register before?
      Are you a people person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple and average, the manager at the time was odd though and all around didn't know what he was doing. He was later fired by corporate for groping customers and staff alike.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

Submitted an application, waited a week before calling in to the store.
    Talked to assistant manager helped me schedule an interview, went in
    to the store, was a fairly short 25 min interview, was hired on the spot.
    Really laid-back interview, but thats not telling of what its actually like
    working there.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about a time you had to take initiative.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Stillwater, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was lead into the manager's office and overall it was pretty informal. The manager asked me a variety of questions and just wanted to know more about my personality as well as if I would be able to balance work and school and if I would be a good fit with the other workers.

Interview Questions

• When have you reached a difficult problem? How did you solve it? Did you use the help of others? How did teamwork play a role? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know how to negotiate pay or benefits.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2016.

Interview

They were questions that were generated from the assessment test from the application. It was a one on one interview and it took about 5 minutes. He asked about 5 questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday morning, I got a call that afternoon, The guy asked me to come in the next day for an interview. during the interview he was very rude, and condescending. He asked questions and said things in a very rude tone.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions he asked me was "Don't take this the wrong way but why only one job in your history?"   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

I submitted an online application and heard nothing back, so I went into the store and introduced myself. Not too long after that, I met with the store manger and the assistant manager. They asked basic questions about my resume and asked me to sell them a random object.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this (insert random item in break room)?   Answer Question