OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
  • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
  • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2016.

Interview

They were questions that were generated from the assessment test from the application. It was a one on one interview and it took about 5 minutes. He asked about 5 questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a couple days later. Interviewed in store a day after the call. The manager was pretty laid back. He even had music playing through the entire interview. We also talked about the NBA for about 10 minutes when I was done. Overall a pretty easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Stillwater, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was lead into the manager's office and overall it was pretty informal. The manager asked me a variety of questions and just wanted to know more about my personality as well as if I would be able to balance work and school and if I would be a good fit with the other workers.

Interview Questions

• When have you reached a difficult problem? How did you solve it? Did you use the help of others? How did teamwork play a role? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know how to negotiate pay or benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview was very easy and straightforward. they didn't ask any unexpected questions, and I got hired right away, only having to wait on a background check. It seemed like they knew they wanted to hire me from the very beginning, and they started asking a lot about my availability and how long I expected to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would sell along with a printer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do any negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2016.

Interview

Read straight from a questionnaire. Did not ask any personal questions or anything about me. Questions were "Explain a time when..." or "Tell me about a time you..." even though I told the interviewer that I had not had a previous job or experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew you were right and had to convince someone of that.   Answer Question
    • Sell me anything in this office   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to keep something confidential   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Austin, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

It was simple and average, the manager at the time was odd though and all around didn't know what he was doing. He was later fired by corporate for groping customers and staff alike.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

It was ok. Went to a "jobfair" multiple manager interviewed people. I interviewed with thw store i wanted. Asked me to sell him a pen.
    Asked me random questions. A time when i took charge. A time when i managed my time wisely. Weird questions like that. Asked about where i want to go. How far i want to move up.
    Brief. Boring. Simple.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Lansing, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke with the manager. The whole interview lasted about a half an hour. She asked pretty basic questions. I was nervous at first, as this would be my first job, but it was very casual. After all the questions she offered me a job right away and gave me some paperwork to fill out.