OfficeMax Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

2.0

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Shakopee, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Overall, it was a relatively simple interview. It took about 20 minutes to complete the interview. The manager was friendly and asked a few basic questions most other businesses would ask potential employers.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a disgruntled customer/co-worker?   Answer Question
  • What are your future intentions with the company?   Answer Question
  • How would you go about handling a decision made by the manager that you disagree with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Amherst, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Informal, sit in an open door office, was interrupted a few times with other workers needing the interviewing manager. They asked a few questions, I asked a few questions. Talked about a wage and availability. Afterwards, said I was done and would call back after they ran a background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with selling technology, furniture, or have you worked in a copy/print center before?
      Have you used a cash register before?
      Are you a people person?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Tucson, AZ) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Tuesday morning, I got a call that afternoon, The guy asked me to come in the next day for an interview. during the interview he was very rude, and condescending. He asked questions and said things in a very rude tone.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions he asked me was "Don't take this the wrong way but why only one job in your history?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

the interview was easy. the manager asked sales related questions. he will give the basics on how the store works. you will everything in the training videos and exercises. Almost everything will be straightforward.This is a great if don't have a lot bills, because you only get pay $8.80

Interview Questions

• what does it take to create an exceptional customer experience?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax in June 2016.

Interview

They were questions that were generated from the assessment test from the application. It was a one on one interview and it took about 5 minutes. He asked about 5 questions.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Santa Clarita, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call a couple days later. Interviewed in store a day after the call. The manager was pretty laid back. He even had music playing through the entire interview. We also talked about the NBA for about 10 minutes when I was done. Overall a pretty easy process.

Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Stillwater, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

I was lead into the manager's office and overall it was pretty informal. The manager asked me a variety of questions and just wanted to know more about my personality as well as if I would be able to balance work and school and if I would be a good fit with the other workers.

Interview Questions

• When have you reached a difficult problem? How did you solve it? Did you use the help of others? How did teamwork play a role? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job so I didn't know how to negotiate pay or benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

the interview was very easy and straightforward. they didn't ask any unexpected questions, and I got hired right away, only having to wait on a background check. It seemed like they knew they wanted to hire me from the very beginning, and they started asking a lot about my availability and how long I expected to work there.

Interview Questions

• What is something you would sell along with a printer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't do any negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax in January 2016.

Interview

Read straight from a questionnaire. Did not ask any personal questions or anything about me. Questions were "Explain a time when..." or "Tell me about a time you..." even though I told the interviewer that I had not had a previous job or experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you knew you were right and had to convince someone of that.   Answer Question
    • Sell me anything in this office   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to keep something confidential   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Forest, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Forest, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

terrible, but now there is new management and all should go well. The previous manager ran the place inefficiently due to lack of training, and therefore had to leave the office often.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about what I was doing at school and how long I would stay with the company. Also I was asked about what I wanted to do 3 to 5 years down the road.   1 Answer