OfficeMax Sales Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

OfficeMax Sales Consultant Interview Questions

1.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in West Seneca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at OfficeMax (West Seneca, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Basic questions, very nice staff and management to help with the welcoming process. The manager that interviewed me was very helpful and answered all of my questions thoroughly, and asked very straightforward questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult customer in your experiences with work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OfficeMax

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

This interview must've been a joke because it was pretty funny. Arrived to interview on time, wasn't interviews until 10 minutes later. Interview was in furniture section of the store- that is so weird. Interviewer was coloring little symbols on paper when I answered questions, not sure what they meant. I was told I'd get a call for interview #2. To be honest I walked out of the store thinking I hope they don't call me. The people that worked there are weird and the environment is dark and dreary. I had bad feelings from the moment I walked in. Low and behold I was never called again for a second interview as I was told. The pay isn't good either. Hours were limited.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Are you good with computers/video games?
      Previous experience?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OfficeMax in April 2015.

Interview

You first apply online, then you get a call for interview. Either the sales manager of the operations manager will interview you. Then, believe it or not, you interview in the office furniture area. You literally grab a seat and sit behind one of the desks.

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

I walked in to the store and asked the manager if they were hiring. The manager asked me to fill out an online application. I got an interview call 2 days after filling the application and started working the 3rd day.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in one word.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Interview

The process was simple and the mangers are very nice. The questions were not too difficult. You only interview with one manager in the office. It does not take very long.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have faced while on the job and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to discuss my hourly pay.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (San Francisco, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Short. They left me a voice message on my phone. I called back and the # I called back is actually the store number. We did a quick informal interview over the phone and set up a in-person interview. I got hired on the spot and also I was required to take a drug test. I believe drug testing is required anymore though.

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax (West Des Moines, IA).

Interview

Pick something in this room to sell to me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one. Pay was never discussed or negotiated throughout the entire hiring process. I was a minor and it was my first real job and they took advantage of it. LAter on in my employment I felt taken advantage of due to my childhood ignorance and being rushed to complete my hiring paper work within minutes

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Applied online
    got a call in a week and set up an interview
    got drug test info at the interview
    was hired the following week

Interview Questions

• Describing a situation if a customer is unsatisifed and gets angry   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at OfficeMax.

Interview

Hiring was internal. Our store had just lost several people all at once and I asked to be considered for the position (which at the time was new). Applied through the same web portal that external applicants apply through, but mentioned that I was an internal candidate. No other interview was required, just a statement of purpose.

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at OfficeMax (Marietta, GA) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an application online after viewing the position on indeed.com. Submitted an excellent cover letter that attracted the hiring managers attention. About a week later I received a phone call and was asked a few questions such as my previous employment and why I want to work for officemax. They were very simple questions. Next I scheduled an interview that week and did a one on one sit down with the manager she asked about 20 questions nothing hard. Sell me something in the room? Tell me about a time you had to trust an employee? The interview process was fast and fairly simple. She said she had to interview some more ppl and she would get back to me. About two weeks later I was offered a position and asked to come in and do a drug test and background check. I was a little confused because usually a job will do all of that before offering you a position. But everything checked out and I got the job. Seriously study up on technology and specs because you will need this knowledge for this job. Be yourself and professionalism is a must.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It's minimum wage non negotiable unless you have more experience